This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Anorak question?
« on: June 19, 2009, 03:41:46 pm »
If your DI vessel is say the same height as your water tank, when the tank level gets to half full would the water in the DI vessel tend to match that level leaving half the resin exposed?

Alex Gardiner

Re: Anorak question?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 03:56:38 pm »
No as there is a vacuum pressure from the sealed pipe work from the DI vessel to the pump.

ftp

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:10:50 pm »
Even if the DI is before the pump?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 04:16:20 pm »
Yes  :)

macmac

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 05:16:52 pm »
If you don't have a stop-end connector on the pipe that goes to your reel & the end of this goes below the DI's level, i.e. on floor outside van etc. there may be a chance you could siphon/syphon? the DI's. ;)

ftp

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 05:31:25 pm »
I thought that the water may drain towards the level in the tank. Whatever is giving me my mild flow fluctuations may be cured soon as i'm going to leave the di out of the van system completely. My pump is as low as I can get it. To me it seems odd to try and lift water up to the top of a di vessel anyway especially if sucking as mine is instead of pushing.
I ran the system flat out the other night untill no air bubbles at all were passing through - I could then turn down the varistream from it's normal 6 to 8 to its lowest setting and still pump enough to clean.

macmac

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 08:25:05 pm »
I thought that the water may drain towards the level in the tank. Whatever is giving me my mild flow fluctuations may be cured soon as i'm going to leave the di out of the van system completely. My pump is as low as I can get it. To me it seems odd to try and lift water up to the top of a di vessel anyway especially if sucking as mine is instead of pushing.
I ran the system flat out the other night untill no air bubbles at all were passing through - I could then turn down the varistream from it's normal 6 to 8 to its lowest setting and still pump enough to clean.

Reverse the flow & push through your di dave, I think this is what's giving you trouble. My pump is 2 feet higher than my tank, DI's same level as tank so DI heads are higher than water level & more so as tank drains!

Your pump is sucking & then trying to force water through a mass of 6mm bore hose!!  IMO it's all wrong.

Try it mate, but first take top off DI & fill back to top with water if need to. You'll have to run pump flat out for a bit to get all the air out.

I run my pump on full for a few seconds before every job as the water in the pipe does drain back down after a while, but that's it. Turn it down to setting 1 & I'm away with no probs at all. ;)

matt

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 08:35:14 pm »
just take the DI out

just use your DI to fill your tank in your garage and then your water will be 000 anyways

job done, why make life complicated for yourself, the more components you have, the more chance you have of problems

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:45:32 pm »
just take the DI out

just use your DI to fill your tank in your garage and then your water will be 000 anyways

job done, why make life complicated for yourself, the more components you have, the more chance you have of problems
totally agree with Matt, no di in van. thats the second time in less than a month  :o
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 10:24:44 pm »
just take the DI out

totally agree with Matt, no di in van. thats the second time in less than a month  :o

stop it, you are worrying me now

JSMC

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »
just take the DI out

mine sis just like that. i do take my di vessels with me in case i want to top up at custys house. They are normally cool about it.

bluez

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 11:16:25 pm »
just take the DI out

mine sis just like that. i do take my di vessels with me in case i want to top up at custys house. They are normally cool about it.

Let me see if I got this right.........You take your sister diane out with you as she complicates things and your custys are normally cool about it? ;D
hi