This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

parking penalty charge
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:41:00 pm »
can you challenge the parking ticket if you work in a area where you need parking permit?or can you put that as a bussiness expense?thanks

Re: parking penalty charge
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 02:51:18 pm »
can you challenge the parking ticket if you work in a area where you need parking permit?or can you put that as a bussiness expense?thanks

Fines are not tax deductible (unless you're an MP presumably).
Success in challenging it may depend which area you are in and precisely why you got the ticket.  Just guessing but you may have a better chance of challenging it if you have WFP because you have less choices about where to park and because it MAY be possible to argue that yoiu were unloading something that you couldn't reasonably carry (water).

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 04:51:29 pm »
a wc challenged one in torquay a couple of weeks ago and succeded so i would say go for it .
it made front page news of the herald express it may pay to have a look at the paper ;)

here you go i found the link

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/PAUL-GREAVESnewsdesk-heraldexpress-uk/article-575899-detail/article.html

Thomas Ecclestone

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:48:59 pm »
There are a lot of ways to challenge parking tickets. Your first step would be to go http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=6a1488e34bfa0ff08248741dfe27786d&showforum=30 and post your PCN. After that, you might want to check out if the signs / TRO are all correct. They will tell you how on the above link.

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 07:14:47 pm »
Traffic wardens are a nightmare in Torquay & Paignton.  They start at 7.30 am and are pouncing on illegally parked cars at 7.31 am. They are happy for me to park on double yellow lines to wfp but not park in parking bays with money meters or they'll book me for definite.
Dartmouth I get away with blue murder so long as my parking doesn't cause an obstruction, display warning signs appropiately and leave enough room for wheelchair users.

One w/c in Paignton got so cheesed off with parking tickets that he gave up using his car and carries a trolley cart around everywhere to avoid parking fines.

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 08:46:53 pm »
Traffic wardens are a nightmare in Torquay & Paignton.  They start at 7.30 am and are pouncing on illegally parked cars at 7.31 am. They are happy for me to park on double yellow lines to wfp but not park in parking bays with money meters or they'll book me for definite.
Dartmouth I get away with blue murder so long as my parking doesn't cause an obstruction, display warning signs appropiately and leave enough room for wheelchair users.

One w/c in Paignton got so cheesed off with parking tickets that he gave up using his car and carries a trolley cart around everywhere to avoid parking fines.

i used to collect the fines for a living  :-[

ants

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:31:16 pm »
apply to your council for a parking permit i got one after recieving a fine while i was working

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 10:20:18 pm »
People say that the BNP are wrong, sorry but these nazi stormtroopers are real scum.
I watched one today stood by a car looking at his watch for about 2 minutes. At first i wondered what he was doing then it dawned on me......The moment his watch showed time up on the ticket, out came the machine already with the data ready to print off. Digi photo the front of the car and the back then disappear quickly. I positively hate these people with a passion.
What I really want to do one day is follow one of these nazi stormtroopers and just as he's about to hit the car with a ticket quickly slap 30p into a machine and put the ticket on the windscreen. Nothing illegal in doing that and would amuse me for hours on end at the cost of a few £'s.
But annoying the git no end.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 11:15:30 pm »
there is one way you can stop on any lines and that is to clean the drains
i have done it in the past where i put one hose in the drain and the other i cleaned the house
when the traffic warden came and said what r u doing i said i am cleaning the drains
he said ok and went away
you can not get a parking ticket any where if u are cleaning the drains

jerry

williamx

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 09:33:07 am »
I got a parking fine at christmas, I was parked on a loading bay on a red route, the prat who ticketed me was hiding up an alley waiting for any new targets.

I wrote to the council concerned, explaining that I am a wfp window cleaner and these bays are the only safe place to park, I did explain that I could park elsewere off the red route, but I would be breaking health and safety laws and the genral public could be in danger of me working.

I said I would gladly pay the fine if they upheld the appeal, but if that happened then all of the shops, offices and houses on that red route would be banned from having a window cleaning service, I also said the ban would also apply to any employee of that council including the council own buildings.

They allowed my appeal and cancelled the fine. ;D

wozzza007

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 08:21:20 pm »
In essex they drive around in smart cars with cameras on the top and just click away! You don't even know you have a fine until it turns up at your door.

The wardens have all gone now in my area. I got to know them all and most would have just left me alone, but with mobile cameras they just click and drive on to the next ticket.

Watch these cars they are probably on order with your local council.
Window Cleaning & Pest Control Services Covering Essex & London.