This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Re: Wfp malarky
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 11:53:26 am »
Eh? Why not trad them if you have to resort to a microfibre.

It's just a quick wipe over the very top, plus getting two sets of tools out is a hassle, not to mention having to fill your bucket etc. Just wastes time.

macmac

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 12:01:12 pm »
IMO this whole "detergent" thing is dreamed up theoretical nonesense which has snowballed out of all controll from this forum!

Any detergent will clean off right away & is not the cause of problems regarding spotting, streaks etc.

I have many situations on my round where I may trad one month & wfp the next! Yep, no "detergent" probs what so ever. Even when I used to use fairy!

There could be many factors- buid up of crap in seal, oxidised paint/stain/varnish/aluminium/pvc etc. A cut/tear/joint in the seal which holds dirt. If you clean the top frame it could be vents but the frame at some point will meet mortar/brick or stone, this will always have dirt on it just ready to mix with your pure & run down the glass! Unintentional maybe, you've flicked water above the frame with your brush? Either way, I would forget about detergent, your barking up the wrong tree & doing yourself no favours with your diagnostics of the real problem! ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 12:09:56 pm »
Even though those are legitimate issues you come across, I don't think there is no any other explanation for it, when you get quite a lot of bubbles on the glass.

I do agree with you to an extent, only on untreated wood with no gasket I seem to get it, I almost never get it on other windows. Never had it when I switched from Squeegee off to wfp either.

macmac

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 12:15:35 pm »
Even though those are legitimate issues you come across, I don't think there is no any other explanation for it, when you get quite a lot of bubbles on the glass.

I do agree with you to an extent, only on untreated wood with no gasket I seem to get it, I almost never get it on other windows. Never had it when I switched from Squeegee off to wfp either.

I get this bubbling on two hotel windows, I've cleaned them twice a month for the last two years wfp. It was closed for 18 month prior to that.

The last time that glass could have possibly been traded was 3.5 years ago. They have been cleaned 48 times each wfp, they bubble every time but come up perfect!

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 12:37:20 pm »

I get this bubbling on two hotel windows, I've cleaned them twice a month for the last two years wfp. It was closed for 18 month prior to that.

The last time that glass could have possibly been traded was 3.5 years ago. They have been cleaned 48 times each wfp, they bubble every time but come up perfect!

That's strange, I wonder what causes the bubbles then. 48 cleans and it keeps doing that. What do you think is causing those bubbles? Good to know they come up well.

macmac

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »

That's strange, I wonder what causes the bubbles then. 48 cleans and it keeps doing that. What do you think is causing those bubbles? Good to know they come up well.

Haven't a clue, I reckon I've about another 6 windows that do the same. Maybe it's the surface of the glass that lends itself to oxygenating the water?

can you give some input to my other post Tim?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 01:12:08 pm »

Haven't a clue, I reckon I've about another 6 windows that do the same. Maybe it's the surface of the glass that lends itself to oxygenating the water?

You mean the one with the different causes to bad results? It's a bit difficult to help someone unless I see a picture of the exact window and frame I'm afraid.

macmac

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 01:45:17 pm »

You mean the one with the different causes to bad results? It's a bit difficult to help someone unless I see a picture of the exact window and frame I'm afraid.

No, the 100psi pump & digi varistream post

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 08:13:18 am »
Ah you meant topic, instead of post. Okay, I will check it out.  :)