This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Wfp malarky
« on: June 18, 2009, 05:36:21 pm »
Does my head in, it really does  ???

Some time ago I was moaning about how poor the results are at times.
Today I had the worst possible clean known to man - large victorian house inside and out with oxidised aluminium frames. This property hasn't been cleaned for at least nine years and probably many many more, it was in a state and a half. Frames were filthy, above frames were minging.
I thought I'd use my superlight flocked brush and give it the once over cleaning all the crud from everywhere, do the insides then attack it again with the single trim maybe twice more.
Start to clean the insides and hardly a spot or a run anywhere  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Several areas that had been missed though especially in the corners but the glass generally was very good. Does my head in.

concept

Re: Wfp malarky
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:53:35 pm »
quit yer moanin!
 ;D

some folk are never happy! :-\

Tim82

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:57:04 pm »
 So what exectly is it you're complaining about? Did they complain or what? :)

ftp

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 06:03:48 pm »
Because normally I'm cleaning property thats been cleaned by me for the last two years. I do a thorough job and rinse off the glass - only to find spots and runs.
This time I did a filthy clean in and out the muck, never lifting the brush with terrible frames and hardy a spot or a run.  ???

bad trippy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 06:04:18 pm »
never hear the trad guys moaning lol
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:02:19 pm »
The power of the Gardiners Flocked!!

;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:05:19 pm »
just the other day I cleaned a 2 bed terraced in exactly the same time as a 4 bed detached.
I had no interuptions on either job. just frustrating.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

pingu

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 07:38:01 am »
FTP just face it...you're not worthy to be a wfp'er...you should hang your pole up in disgrace and acknowledge you would be better cleaning windows with the top of your head just like Ian Lancaster.

Question to other wfp'ers...should we blackball FTP from our club?

Dave ;D ;D

andyjm1

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 08:06:53 am »
I think he should just stick to cleaning round windows  ;D

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 02:15:19 pm »
there just seems to be so much scope for error with window cleaning. On some windows u spend ages scrubbing and rinising and then there are runs everywhere. other windows you could throw the water at it and they will come up perfect.

doing my head in right now.

Tim82

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 02:36:08 pm »
I suppose eventually we will lose the customers who's windows streak no matter how hard you rinse, and be left with the sparkly windowed gems! (I like to think that will happen anyway :-\)

dai

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:07 pm »
Filthy glass often does come up perfect first go, I have often wondered if the dirt acts as an abrasive and actually aids cleaning.

Tim82

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 02:58:33 pm »
 I might  start putting soil in my water tank ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 11:04:45 pm »
there just seems to be so much scope for error with window cleaning. On some windows u spend ages scrubbing and rinising and then there are runs everywhere. other windows you could throw the water at it and they will come up perfect.

doing my head in right now.

Runs come from somewhere, find where they come from and then post back for advice, or figure it out for yourself.

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 11:54:25 pm »
well i did a house today with wooden framed windows, and the had really bad runs down them. i scubbed the frames well, it was as if someting was leaching out from the wood.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 08:50:40 am »
well i did a house today with wooden framed windows, and the had really bad runs down them. i scubbed the frames well, it was as if someting was leaching out from the wood.

If you are talking about the real untreated wooden frame windows, they usually do not have proper gaskets. Usually there is a gap between the glass even where years of detergent builds up, it bubbles even on the third clean. I now skip the wooden frames all together and focus on the glass. If the water beads up around the top edge of the window, it still draws that soap and dirt out, leaving spots. Either really focus on flushing everything out for the next couple of cleans, with a higher flow rate, or use a microfibre on the top edge after rinsing.

ftp

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 09:00:48 am »
Eh? Why not trad them if you have to resort to a microfibre.

R W C

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 09:24:45 am »
yeh trade them  ;D

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 10:58:26 am »
i'll trade you! ;D

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 11:35:10 am »
Some water based wood stains leach off wooden frames to give that detergent smear appearance (well, I read that on here) it makes sense if you are still getting the detergent appearance after 6 months or so.

Runs therefore arent always fairy, sometimes theyre wood stain.