This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Gower

Help with pricing please
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:29:50 am »
I have been asked to provide a company with a price per square metre for window cleaning, I don't have a clue so help needed please!!

seandyer2003

Re: Help with pricing please
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:39:34 am »
Try explain that price per square metre is a very vague pricing structure, as it doesnt take into account the terrain or height , condition of windows, or the method needed to clean them ie wfp, trad, cradle, abseil etc

Try tell them you will give a free quote and go see the buiding, or alternatively go look without them knowing and then give them a price per window ??

But unless its runs of easy ground/first floor windows, i wouldnt give a price per sq.metre, if it is easy then go for £1 or there abouts, depending on how much there is, if theres loads of easy to clean glass go in cheaper, depends on the frequency of the cleans too....And how far you have to travel etc etc etc

Go and quote it is easiest :)

I know that isnt the answer you were after but hope it helps, i always find commercial quotes a steap learning curve and eventually you were land  more and more as you understand it more, im still learning but it gets easier every time

cozy

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 10:06:08 am »
Try explain that price per square metre is a very vague pricing structure, as it doesnt take into account the terrain or height , condition of windows, or the method needed to clean them ie wfp, trad, cradle, abseil etc

Try tell them you will give a free quote and go see the buiding, or alternatively go look without them knowing and then give them a price per window ??

But unless its runs of easy ground/first floor windows, i wouldnt give a price per sq.metre, if it is easy then go for £1 or there abouts, depending on how much there is, if theres loads of easy to clean glass go in cheaper, depends on the frequency of the cleans too....And how far you have to travel etc etc etc

Go and quote it is easiest :)

I know that isnt the answer you were after but hope it helps, i always find commercial quotes a steap learning curve and eventually you were land  more and more as you understand it more, im still learning but it gets easier every time

I think you are right there mate. Over here, nearly all commercial is quoted by sqr mtr. In UK that seems to be a nonstarter from what I've seen recently on here.

If all firms used that method to price up larger jobs, it would be easier to learn how to price a job. Even thicko's like me get prices right with that method. I think Sean is right.
Go and look at the job and work out how long it will take etc.

let us know how you get on.

Tom Gower

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:45:58 am »
Thanks but for this purpose it is not possible as I am quoting for subcontracting and will be on many sites.

seandyer2003

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 11:16:00 am »
Sounds dodgy to me - you go in low and end up doing work for a low price, maybe go for £2 end take your chances with being undercut??

How much do you need the work? Usually they will tell you what the price is for subbing ....

Sorry chap dont know the answer to that one in that scenario, it isnt a way of doing things that im used too....

Dave Turley

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 01:40:11 pm »
I don't see how you can possibly price by the square metre, especially if you haven't seen the jobs.

a site could have 100 m2 at 40 ft and 2 m2 at ground level, or vice versa.

and who decides how many m2 of windows there are at each site?

sorry to be negative but I think i'd either steer clear or put an equally vague expensive price in.

cozy

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:04 pm »
Hi Dave, the sqr mtr measurments are in the building plan. Failing that, measure the things.

As I said, most commercial is done on sqr mtr basis here. Nobody in their right mind would do a quote without seeing the job. Square meters help to calculate the time you need to finish the job.

Not much good in UK though. I have seen conservetory pics on here that would cost 6 or 7 times more than what they cost in UK.