Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Unger Easy glide
« on: June 17, 2009, 05:35:41 pm »
I was given a bottle today - anyone on here used it yet? Should be good looking at the ingredients.

martinsadie

Re: Unger Easy glide
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:39:11 pm »
i know lots of things that look good with the ingredients but when the wifes finished cooking there crap  ;D

macmac

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 05:40:35 pm »
I've used unger liquid, didn't like it at all, would leave huge smears on some types of glass which wern't always apparent looking straight on at the glass. Terrible stuff IMO. ;)

ftp

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:48:29 pm »
Interesting, this stuff contains isopropanol and another form of alcohol so should clean well. We'll see. If you order some goods from Scrim City you can pick up a litre free.  ;)

elite mike

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 05:54:15 pm »
i tried it once ,that was enough

morning fresh knocked spots off it  ;D

macmac

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:48:26 pm »
Interesting, this stuff contains isopropanol and another form of alcohol so should clean well. We'll see. If you order some goods from Scrim City you can pick up a litre free.  ;)

That should tell you enough. ;D

matt

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:50:24 pm »
its crap

most prob the worse soap i have ever tried

ftp

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:14:31 pm »
Really? In what way?
I've got a largish inside clean to do tomorrow and was going to try it out, maybe I won't  :-\

macmac

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:55:31 pm »
Really? In what way?
I've got a largish inside clean to do tomorrow and was going to try it out, maybe I won't  :-\

Try it dave but keep an eye out for a white film left behind. You'll have to check from different angles though. When I used the liquid it would work ok on some glass then leave a white smeary film on others, even on the same house!

ftp

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 09:02:27 pm »
Just had a play with it - smells better than my aftershave! Has very little foaming though so doesn't look so impressive when you soap up the window. I'll have to give it a go.

ftp

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 08:37:02 am »
Well a quick update on this - don't like it and can't get on with it at all.
I do very little trad so some could be down to poor technique. I'll often soap a window up and run a microfibre down one edge then work from that dry edge. The problem is the microfibre wipe then remains as a whiteish streak even after the blade has passed over it. Any small trails always smear - seems to work ok on the very first window then that's your lot. Maybe it's the alcohol in it evaporating off too quick or it's just me. I don't know but either way it's going in the bin.

Did a quick search on here under 'Unger liquid' and nobody seems to get on with it which I find suprising considering it's such a large company. Surely they test their own products?

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 08:41:47 am »
before you put it in the bin mate just put a drop of washing up liquid in your bucket and mix in some unger .
where theres muck theres money

ftp

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 08:45:41 am »
Yes I read that too - might give it a try.

GWCS

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 07:02:31 pm »
Just had a play with it - smells better than my aftershave! Has very little foaming though so doesn't look so impressive when you soap up the window. I'll have to give it a go.

Dont bin it use it for your nights out!

martinsadie

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 07:37:56 pm »

Dont bin it use it for your nights out!
;D ;D ;D

luther1

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 09:17:02 pm »
i know lots of things that look good with the ingredients but when the wifes finished cooking there crap  ;D

Ha Ha,classic ;D