Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: business direction
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 10:09:43 pm »
Thanks Matt I haven't looked yet but i know your brochure/flyer is good.

That -leaflets- was another misfire for me. I had a very effective leaflet (I got 3leads out of 100 letterboxes) which i was pleased with.Then i got a pro jobbie with a picture of me and the responce is zero.

Jokes about my picture aside this was really annoying because i claim to be good at this stuff (marketing). What i've had to do is staple a little 'area' note on the front begining dear householder etc.

I absolutely know i am doing all the right stuff, it's just that it isn't working for me at the moment.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 10:13:15 pm »
I do think the pic of you on your website is bit like a gnome round a pond with his fishing tackle  ;)  ;)

(no offence, just not my style, kinda odd.....)

Matt

seandyer2003

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 10:14:14 pm »
What sort of pressure washer could i get for upvc cleaning etc as i really want to start offering on some add ons now ive got a lad with me as i got some spare days and until i fill them he could be doing the extra jobs while i canvass etc

So what would you recommend as im only gonna be using it for pvc not driveways or anything so doesnt need to be mega powerful

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 10:38:43 pm »
That's the pic on my leaflet too and don't worry about insulting me on this or other threads.

Your brochure is very good- i note what you say in the email- as regards the actual brochure very simple on the outer, and good compeling copy about gutters.

The main fault with mine- i believe- is that because it's so pro and glossy it just gets binned like any other conservatory,blind, or pizza flyer.

I'll send you my card (this isn't my leaflet)on the same terms, but you don't need to comment or post on it as it is supposed to be low key.There are two sides but you have to scroll down.In other words if you think it's rubbish that's okay i just thought i would reciprocate.

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 10:53:39 pm »
That's the pic on my leaflet too and don't worry about insulting me on this or other threads.

Your brochure is very good- i note what you say in the email- as regards the actual brochure very simple on the outer, and good compeling copy about gutters.

The main fault with mine- i believe- is that because it's so pro and glossy it just gets binned like any other conservatory,blind, or pizza flyer.

I'll send you my card (this isn't my leaflet)on the same terms, but you don't need to comment or post on it as it is supposed to be low key.There are two sides but you have to scroll down.In other words if you think it's rubbish that's okay i just thought i would reciprocate.

Thanks, itll be interesting to compare and evaluate.

Matt

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 10:22:28 am »
Milltown,
I don't think you have any major decisions to make at the moment by the sound of it. Keep building your round both Window and upvc cleaning and upgrade your vehicle and equipment as finances allow. Changing your vehicle is only a major decision if you are stretching the finances to achieve it.

It also sounds like you need to put some effort into the systems behind your business in order to speed up the collection of money etc.

Have you considered the sae or paypal options also I know that some on here charge late payment fees.

Building a round isn't a sprint it is a marathon and being patient is important don't rush it.

The decisions may not seem the grandest of big decisions but they arre important to me. I have certainly made my mind up on the van - last nite i was packing up putting the trailer in the garage. When i unhooked the trailer it rolled back nicely straight into the boot of my car. Lovely big dent in it now, still cant get over it.

Regarding my collection technique, i think i goin to go with the SAE from now on. There is no point inn me doing double the miles for the same money.

Am i right or wrong in thinking that there is a decent living to be made from doing a fair amount of upvc, spouting and fascia work?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 01:47:09 pm »
By the weekend I will have done 7, this week alone.

On every house you look at the UPVC is dirty but there are a lot less people tackling it than there are window cleaners. It has always been a seasonal job but I am about to put that to the test and start a massive marketing campaign, with incentives to have it cleaned through the winter as well.

Rob ;D

mick hay

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:19 pm »
By the weekend I will have done 7, this week alone.

On every house you look at the UPVC is dirty but there are a lot less people tackling it than there are window cleaners. It has always been a seasonal job but I am about to put that to the test and start a massive marketing campaign, with incentives to have it cleaned through the winter as well.

Rob ;D

Hi rob, what do you use for your pvcu cleans?

Im getting a lot thro at the moment, tons of conservatory cleans too. During spring to summer i have 10k leaflets go out per month, double sided, one side widow cleaning, other conservatory cleaning, keeps me nice and busy!!!

richyp

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 04:02:03 pm »
m clean

i would also like to know what cream cleaner you use and how much do you payfor leaflet delivery?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 09:06:39 pm »
Mick & Richy

I pressure wash the gutters out and then pressure wash all UPVC, then use pure water only to give a final clean and rinse.

If I had to use a cream cleaner it would be something like Doctor Power - we use this all the time on the commercial works and I rate it very highly!!.

Richy

I pay nothing for leaflet dropping, I do it myself, I know where I want to work and I know what money I expect per clean. I am on a bit of a keep fit mission at the moment and am enjoying the gym, mountain biking, walking and anything else outdoors, so walking round for a day or two dropping leaflets is a good thing. Lost two stone since Christmas and need to get another stone off.

Since the last post I have had a confirmation on another UPVC clean - booked in on Monday and am going to price up another one tomorrow evening.

Rob ;D

richyp

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 09:19:58 pm »
m clean

how do you pressure wash windows as you ill blow the seals wont u?   guttering and gable ends no probs!!! what pressure washer would you recommend for this purpose?   questions question

Rob_Mac

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 09:29:44 pm »
Richy

I dont pressure wash the windows, I may rinse off any muck that has come from the gutters etc but never pressure wash them or conservatory roofs (I do pressure wash the finials - but only the finials!!).

I use one of two Hilta Yanmar diesel pressure washers, that are in my trailer (A little bit of overkill ) but these are what is used on the commercial works and nine times out of ten I have to turn the revs right down. I have a turbo nozzle on a quick connector and a gutter lance set up the same on a different extending lance (2 x extending lances)

I think if you get a 5.5hp for cleaning these it will be plenty, if you need to boost the pressure put a turbo nozzle on top.

I have got a small 5.5hp in the back of the unit with a blown pump, I think I am going to get this fixed and use it on the residential work.

Rob ;D

richyp

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 09:36:00 pm »
5.5 hp no good for driveways etc?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 09:46:53 pm »
Not in my opinion

Minimum 13hp, 3000 - 4000psi, Honda engine or better, Interpump.

Rob ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 09:49:43 pm »
sorry rob dont normally disagree with you but 5.5 hp is fine for most driveways patios in my opinion, been using mine for 2 years all though it is only for one offs.

richyp

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 09:51:51 pm »
rob

wheres the bes place to buy one cos i bought a 13hp 3600psi a few weeks ago but it never worked and had to send it bk and am struggling to get money bk off them. the make is titan... i knew i shouldnt have bought a cheapy

Rob_Mac

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 09:59:21 pm »
Ah but Ronnie I am an old man and the areas that I clean, generally are a lot bigger than a residential drive and my pressure washers are going for months on end!!!

Richy I have 6 pressure washers, two as described - diesel ones and two petrol pressure washers 13hp, one with Interpump, one with replacement pump for Cat pump, couldn't get any other pump to fit and wasn't paying for a Cat pump, I also have a Karcher, hot pressure washer and the 5.5hp one that is broken.

The only pressure washer I bought from new was from Northern Tool Uk, it lasted 5 months and then the pump blew, every other one I have bought has been bought from Ebay and I have had Interpumps fitted

Rob ;D

richyp

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 10:00:48 pm »
cheers rob

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 10:03:07 pm »
I think you've got a brilliant point about strategy. The wc market is certainly saturated, but can't agree the vaibility of delivering your own leaflets.
However, i can't argue with success either.

I hope you've got over my name calling because i like to brainstorm with people like you.