Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

1 off clean prices.
« on: June 16, 2009, 06:17:01 pm »
What do you charge for 1 off cleans with little or no chance of on going cleans,if i look at a job and i think it would usually be £50 i charge double in these situations what about you others. :)

SonOfFormby

Re: 1 off clean prices.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 06:19:09 pm »
Double, with no repeat business you have to make it worthwhile

Lee

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 06:19:36 pm »
i don't take them on. all customers sign to a 3 month agreement and pay 1.5 the normal price for the first clean. It normally weeds all the jokers out

had a phone call today. wanted to take us up on our quote from when we canvassed but hasn't had time to sign the agreement. i said "its ok i can get one of the guys to do it before the work is carried out". she paused...then she said "well i want them done this week like in the next couple of days and i won't be around to sign nothing." I always find thats a test to when you say it can't be done then, you'll have to wait a week. Then it comes to light

"I'm having a garden party this weekend. I'll have to find someone else!"

LOL

you normally get to the bottom of it in the end ;)

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:22 pm »
Im charging double for EVERYTHING at the mo, whats up with ya  ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:50:22 pm »
If it's going to be regular work, I personally can't justify charging double. If it's just a one off clean, usually desperate people needing to move house, I have no problem with charging 175% of the normal price.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 06:55:55 pm »
I don`t normally do 1 off`s but this was a house near to where i was working and on a regular thing it was well worth the £50,they wanted it done with a days notice and i said what i would normally say double for a 1 off and she nearly went billyooo lol.Some people think your at there beck and call and are desperate for work and try to take advantage.

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 08:48:55 pm »
At least double otherwise it's not worth the inconvenience of disrupting regular work.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:53 pm »
At least double otherwise it's not worth the inconvenience of disrupting regular work.
Exactly what i told her to the word.

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 08:58:57 pm »
not sure i buy into the whole double price thing for unregular work.

Now for you guys with full books i understand a one off job here and there could mess things up a bit. But does a set of windows done every 6 months compared to once a month really take that much longer?

NWH

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 09:02:41 pm »
not sure i buy into the whole double price thing for unregular work.

Now for you guys with full books i understand a one off job here and there could mess things up a bit. But does a set of windows done every 6 months compared to once a month really take that much longer?
Principle as far as i`m concerned,the people that want it done every blue moon don`t help pay the bills anywhere near as much as regular customers that`s why i double up on these jobs,most of the time they just want to use you as and when they feel like it and if you have a full diary that ain`t happening.

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 09:10:31 pm »
that is fair enough, but with someone like myself who's diary is far from full i think i am right to take these on at a near normal rate. It is a nuisance but money is money.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 09:24:21 pm »
NWH and ,milltown are both right!

My books are pretty much full now and it is a pain when people ask me for a 1 off, Therefore I do charge double. In the past when I was still building my round and I had time to spare I would do a 1 off job at normal rate just to get some cash in. Its a case of either doing a less profitable job and earning some money or...........Watching Jeremy Vile! (sorry - I mean Kyle)
Formerly known as GARGAAX