This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Gower

Advice need please
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:56:20 am »
On the weekend I have a large job to do working at about 35-40ft with a water fed pole, my poles are not light so that will be fun as I have not gone that high before.

The part that is concerning me though is one side of the building is next to a busy road and in order to reach the height need I will need to stand on the kerb and thus making the foot path not usable. Do I need council permision to do this and any tips would be very welcomed.

jouk45

Re: Advice need please
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:29:19 am »
On the weekend I have a large job to do working at about 35-40ft with a water fed pole, my poles are not light so that will be fun as I have not gone that high before.

The part that is concerning me though is one side of the building is next to a busy road and in order to reach the height need I will need to stand on the kerb and thus making the foot path not usable. Do I need council permision to do this and any tips would be very welcomed.

tom, i do this type of work on a sunday morning, 7am to 9pm their all in bed with hangovers lol, wear a high vis coat,and put signs at the road side,

seandyer2003

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:35:50 am »

POssibly, because if you are in the way of any pedestrians you need to provide a coned off area for them to step into road around around you and plenty of correct signage

As said try do the bit by the road early on a weekend, but you will still need signs etc if people are still possibly going  to be walking around there

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:45:49 am »
and you can have as many signs on the road as you like, even with signs saying dont go through here or you could possibly die, they still walk through as if to say i have the right, and your not stoping me  ::)

Tom Gower

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 02:52:29 pm »
6am sunday it is then!

seandyer2003

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 03:31:20 pm »
and you can have as many signs on the road as you like, even with signs saying dont go through here or you could possibly die, they still walk through as if to say i have the right, and your not stoping me  ::)

@least if you hit them with a pole though they had been warned by signs, if no signage then you are 100 % at fault, its covering your back nothing else.. if people wanna be stupid let em, just dont leave yourself open to being sued :o

Tom Gower

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 03:53:57 pm »

@least if you hit them with a pole though they had been warned by signs, if no signage then you are 100 % at fault, its covering your back nothing else.. if people wanna be stupid let em, just dont leave yourself open to being sued :o

Cheers will use plenty of signs then