This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul beckett

promised work,before a quote
« on: June 15, 2009, 02:23:41 pm »
ever been to give a quote for some window cleaning,before you gave her the quote, she says she knows loads of people who need a window cleaner, so i went home got some more flyers and buisness cards stapled to them and hand delivered them to her. after 6 weeks nothin at all what a waste of time,all she wanted was a lower quote, what people will do to save a couple of quid. i would value them much more if they were just straight to the point. has anyone had people like this, IDIOTS >:( >:(

gary999

Re: promised work,before a quote
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:36:02 pm »
its called self interest...most of us can be accused of that

lesson learned you wont fall for that line again ;D

AJ

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:53:18 pm »
You can't pay the mortgage with promises.
Get the new work then you can drop the price if possible, but not before.
Got bitten loads when starting out. Not no more!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 03:29:47 pm »
Next time someone tries to pull that one, offer an incentive for AFTER they've got you some more work.

e.g.: Quote your normal price, then say you'll give a discount on the first clean of (say) 10% for each extra job she gets you - if she gets you ten, she gets her first clean for free ;D

ZaNo

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:49:33 pm »
Yeah happend to me, I said ill do your house for x amount which was well under priced because she said if i do then she'll get me 2 of her neigbours, sweet i thought, untill today i says what happenin then they ready for me yet, Oh i think they are happy with the current W/C and hes abit cheaper, what a B17ch!!

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 03:51:05 pm »
First clean is double the regular, 4th clean is free.

or just double the first clean.

or price per hour on the first clean, and encourage insides too - they will be amazed how clean they look and may ask you to do the insides regularly, but on a less frequency than exterior..

If they "offer" friends, then give the recommender free cleans after they have had "3" and paid for the cleans.

Dont drop prices to get a job unless your desperate!

Steve CM

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 04:28:05 pm »
i got promised 28 hotels from a large national chain. i was new to the game. young and silly and i took a mans word as gospel.

leason learned never count your chickens until contracts are signed

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 05:45:05 pm »
What was your forfeit? or did he just get your hopes up?

cozy

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 06:04:37 pm »
First clean is double the regular, 4th clean is free.

or just double the first clean.

or price per hour on the first clean, and encourage insides too - they will be amazed how clean they look and may ask you to do the insides regularly, but on a less frequency than exterior..

If they "offer" friends, then give the recommender free cleans after they have had "3" and paid for the cleans.

Dont drop prices to get a job unless your desperate!

Spot on, I tried that, 3rd clean free but you can lose track, stops the (just 1 clean brigade).

seandyer2003

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 07:01:34 pm »
i got promised 28 hotels from a large national chain. i was new to the game. young and silly and i took a mans word as gospel.

leason learned never count your chickens until contracts are signed

Very true, big contracts will promise extra work for a cheaper quote etc. Always say you will arrange a discount as and when the work comes, but until it materializes your company prices everything on individual standpoint, mostly the extra work never turns up :)

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 07:06:16 pm »
Customers lie at times. How many say they'll let you know when they're moving if their house is up for sale? I always make a note if a house is up for sale. When I next visit, if the sale sign has disappeared there's a good chance the customer has as well.

alanwilson

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »
I would never ever believe a word of promise from a customer.

give me the work before I discount - end of.

I'm too busy to take on more work anyway.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 10:00:22 pm »

this is the offer i have on at the moment but it is a nightmare keeping up :-\

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 08:51:51 pm »
I almost fell for a trick like that a while ago, I'm ashamed to say.

'We run 10 houses in our property businesss' Blah Blah.
Then they asked me to price a job which I did for a little below standard price.

Then they asked to price a biggish job.
I gave them the price and they said 'Well, tell you what, you come down at 6 on Friday and get started and we'll be there just after and can talk about it'

No don't think so  :)

Like the idea of a discount for recommendations though...

simp

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 09:02:22 pm »
I offer new custys a one off half price clean per recommendation. I have found that even though my price may be a little higher than a fellow w/c the new custy usually goes for it.
I dont offer this deal to the big houses as they dont seem to be bothered about saving a few quid, just want a good job. Plus on the larger jobs it would grieve me to spend ages there for 50%.
This method has served me well up to now