This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

upvc frame cleaning
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:06:06 am »
Did a upvc clean yesterday and all came up nice and clean. They were quite old frames and didn't have the glossy shine that the new upvc frames have. The custy asked do I not make them all shinny again.

Anyone use or know if there is some kind of silicone or something you can wipe over the frame to give it a shine? Something from the car valeting industry perhaps.

The only problem I can think of after is if I'm going to clean their windows regulally afterwards (WFP) Would this cause problems.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Small but perfectley formed

Re: upvc frame cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 09:36:49 pm »
Gime blast made by astonish this is for upvc and when you clean with it make the frames shine again.
www.astonishcleaners.com
Also only cost £1 for 500ml
Spit and polish

Tom Gower

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:05:50 pm »
Don' use silicone when it rains you will get rainbow runs over the windows and will have a hell of a job cleaning it off!!!!!!!!!!

Pittmonkey

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:52:28 pm »
This was my concern Tom.

I use cream cleaners (Siroflex) etc and Doctar Power on upvc cleans and always get a good clean finish. Haven't tried Astonish Jason but remember years ago using the orange paste for cleaning Patio table and came up great (Think its the same as Doktar Power.

Have you used Grime Blast on old upvc and did it come up shinny?

Thanks
Wayne

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:50:10 pm »
grime blast for £1 were from i use to love that stuff

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:17:14 am »
It's actually £1.99 from www.astonishcleaners.com

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 05:54:44 am »
£1 from pound shop in cromer  ,yes i have used it on customers and on my own windows sills were yellowish from the upvc breaking down in the sun ,this came off and now look like new shiny as well this is top banana :o

does not affect glass easily wipes off
Spit and polish

Fieldsy

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:27 am »
I just looked at this on astonish website and was going to  buy one........................then went to checkout. £4.95!!!!!! delivery....you must be joking........................time to look in the pound shop or factory shop ;D
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

Fieldsy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:46:23 pm »
sorted  ;D £1 from the factory shop  ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 09:37:07 pm »
Is it this one???

www.astonishcleaners.com/product/orange-multi-purpose-cleaning-paste-500g/458/

And to JASON GREEN

what is the pound shop in cromer called? and do you know what street its on, as my sis-in-law lives there and is coming up on sunday so could bring me some as ive got a few upvc jobs to do...

cheers

Pittmonkey

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 09:50:19 pm »
Think this is the one http://www.astonishcleaners.com/product/grime-blast-upvc-cream-500ml/429/

While she's at it Sean, she can pop round to my house with a few bottles as well ;D

Wayne

ftp

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 09:53:33 pm »
Wilkinsons do it too, I buy loads.

Fieldsy

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 10:31:51 pm »
@ftp,

do you just use it as a cream/paste ??. i.e elbow grease to do the job??, or can it be diluted mixed and be used as a spray??

thanks

Fieldsy    (oh, and re: my other post, no I'm not a carpet cleaner, it was a shadow from my camera........lol)

seandyer2003

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 11:04:00 pm »
Think this is the one http://www.astonishcleaners.com/product/grime-blast-upvc-cream-500ml/429/

While she's at it Sean, she can pop round to my house with a few bottles as well ;D

Wayne

i'll ask :)

ftp

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 11:08:17 pm »
Elbow grease. I have used it on a Vileda pad screwed to my pole for upstairs too. I don't think you'll find a miricle spray that cleans without any effort.

Fieldsy

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 11:15:26 pm »
thanks m8, Its just that a guy wants his sills cleaned, because they have on them what he describes "as pollen" ??. Its orange in colour and raised like tiny little specks??? and covers 65% of the sill. Hoping a bit of elbow grease and this will do the job.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 08:31:59 am »
thanks m8, Its just that a guy wants his sills cleaned, because they have on them what he describes "as pollen" ??. Its orange in colour and raised like tiny little specks??? and covers 65% of the sill. Hoping a bit of elbow grease and this will do the job.

Sounds like somebody painted their fence. :)

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 08:11:12 pm »
Seandyer dont no street name it is on the street were st johns ambulance is in town centre if that is any help.
Spit and polish