Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Ecover versus TFR
« on: June 14, 2009, 07:38:27 am »
Who's used both?
My TFR is getting low now - I think I paid about £30 for it a couple of years ago for 25l
If I could use it at the dilution rates stated on the label it would last for ten years! However, for it to be really effective I am using it as strong as 50/50 which will stain glass.
Ecover has had good reviews on here but initially it looks very expensive for such small quantities. So has anyone compared both?

trevor povey

Re: Ecover versus TFR
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 08:57:08 am »
 my understanding of TFR is that there is varying strenths of it to buy I bought a mid strenght one and dilute it 50/50 its ok and doesn,t mark the glass when it drips on...I think with the Ecover someone was on a backhander for promoting its name on the forumns  as its over priced for the quantity you get  and does not  compare to the TFR I use....I used a company called  Powerclean look on their site and you can see the  various strains of TFR they have.

On another note do any of the lads on here use dust  masks and safe glasses when applying?

Fieldsy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:06:51 am »
I noticed someone mentioned Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner yesterday, apparently easy to get from Halfords. Might give this a go as I'm also rather confused to either go with tfr or ecover....................especially as there seem to be so many types/strengths/dilutions of tfr  :-\

Just looked on Powerclean website, powerforce is their tfr??, is that correct trevor??, Is that what you use??
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 10:09:53 am »
Ive used both, my experience suggest Ecover is better. Does a more thorough job.

Im sure TFR cleans, however I always thought it was meant to be used as a restorer, to clean those ingrained dirt stripes and areas at the end of sills that always seem to be greyer than the rest of the plastic.

I dont think Ecover does that, but in general as a cleaner (for what I use it for) its much better than TFR.

Matt

trevor povey

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:24:45 am »
I noticed someone mentioned Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner yesterday, apparently easy to get from Halfords. Might give this a go as I'm also rather confused to either go with tfr or ecover....................especially as there seem to be so many types/strengths/dilutions of tfr  :-\

Just looked on Powerclean website, powerforce is their tfr??, is that correct trevor??, Is that what you use??

ecover truckwash  is tfr (trafic film remover)...its just a enviromentally friendley brand   thats why in my opinion  its 10 times more expensive ;)

JSMC

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 10:46:23 am »
company called carchem sell it and load sof other goodies like pump sprayers etc.

get non caustic

ftp

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 10:49:23 am »
Yes I wondered if it was expensive because it's 'Green'
All the janitoral suppliers sell cleaning solutions for floors etc too then there are the pressure washing cleaners that seem to be made for the same job. Too much choice.  :-\

Washers

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 09:10:27 am »
When you refer to Ecover do you mean the Truck wash version or the domestic washing up stuff you buy in your LSM as I am in the same diemna at the moment regarding lotions and positions.

At the moment I have been using the washing up version which seems ok but I realy need something that will cut through the green algae muck on conservatory roofs. Particularly large one's where you can only really use a pole and brush from eaves height. I am trying to stay as Eco friendly as possible as this is how I advertise my service.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 09:57:46 am »
When you refer to Ecover do you mean the Truck wash version or the domestic washing up stuff you buy in your LSM as I am in the same diemna at the moment regarding lotions and positions.

At the moment I have been using the washing up version which seems ok but I realy need something that will cut through the green algae muck on conservatory roofs. Particularly large one's where you can only really use a pole and brush from eaves height. I am trying to stay as Eco friendly as possible as this is how I advertise my service.
yes he means the ecover truck wash mate .
where theres muck theres money

GWCS

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 10:16:00 am »
I wonder if this would do the trick on guttering?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/85114/Cleaning/Swarfega-Surface-Cleaners/Swarfega-...

5Ltr. Dual-action cleaner and sanitiser for the removal of dirt and grime from outdoor surfaces and reduces mould and algae. Biodegradable for safe disposal to foul drains.

Its Green and Cheap!

JSMC

john tomkins

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 01:48:16 pm »
http://carchem.co.uk/traffic-film-removers-c-3.html?zenid=fdcec08643aeb22f63d5d2baa36d3bf0

These folks are a few miles up the road from me,  he  passes my house on his way home , he delivers orders free straight to my house.
He knows what I use it for (con roofs/gutters/fasias etc) and have always used his caustic TFR (2 1/2 years and no melted roofs yet), he says as long as you dilute it correctly there will be no problems, when I asked about his non caustic TFR he said using it for what I use it for I would be dissapointed as its not strong enough.

Fieldsy

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 09:05:34 pm »
John, could you advise which one you actually purchase from their site, and what dilution ratio??

thanks

Fieldsy

john tomkins

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 11:32:15 pm »
Fieldsy, I can't actually see the one I got on their site, I get 25 ltrs container for £10 and dilute it 9 to 1, had the container since last year and they are a different colour now so best just phone them up and tell them what it's for and they'll
 put you right.

Fieldsy

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 11:36:57 pm »
ok, thanks John, much appreciated.  ;)