Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

magnetic van signs
« on: June 13, 2009, 10:55:56 pm »
anyone use them

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

Re: magnetic van signs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:10:11 am »
YES ???
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 12:12:48 am »
how much and where from

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:26:00 am »
Got mine from vista print, cheap. Only using them untill van is sign written.

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:27:34 am »
dunno whether to get magentic signs or get vinyl kit and diy it

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 12:32:00 am »
Vinyl looks better, like i said mags only temp. Having 2 vans sign written so waiting for best deal.

Window Washers

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 12:33:53 am »
dunno whether to get magentic signs or get vinyl kit and diy it
get it done right, it will pay for it's self, bodge it and lose out as finer details do count, van signage is not expensive for the biggest advert your more than likely ever going to have.

imo dont go cheap on this part m8,

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JSMC

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 12:37:03 am »
rough cost 2 sides and back of vivaro?

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 12:44:32 am »
£200/£300

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 12:47:09 am »
£200/£300
text only for that price I would say.

I paid £570 for my relay but has image printing on the sides and was quite a bit for that as wanted it to stand out from the crowd.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 12:55:13 am »
£200/£300

I paid £570 for my relay but has image printing on the sides and was quite a bit for that as wanted it to stand out from the crowd.

Sorry, yes thats correct text only, didn't think we were goinn really posh ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 12:57:38 am »
£200/£300

Sorry, yes thats correct text only, didn't think we were goinn really posh ;D
Im not posh m8, but I look it  ;D

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 01:14:23 am »
 :-*
P.s please wish your wife all the best for the R.F.L. tomorrow, would help your fund but my 9 year old daughter is also doing it in worcester and she is pushing my 8 year old daughter round in her wheelchair (C P) so have to donate close to home :)

Off topic i know, but let's see um pull it ;D ;D ;D

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 01:23:30 am »
How much difference does a sign written van make? I'm also looking at my options with sign writing, Internet presence is just starting to work for me and if the impact is the same then I need to get it sorted :P     
Sussex by the sea

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 01:29:43 am »
How much difference does a sign written van make? I'm also looking at my options with sign writing, Internet presence is just starting to work for me and if the impact is the same then I need to get it sorted :P     
put it this way, you have a a web site, now think of an advert in your areas point people to it, a sentence is easir to remember than a number, one with otu the other is working against you m8. being totally honest, van sinage is worth every penny, make it look good and you will be rewarded

Ian

p.s Pureh20 wish your little ones well for the race, and thank you ;)

ftp

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 07:00:26 am »
Text only? £60 if you shop around and are willing to apply it yourself - it's not difficult.

Signwriting is not that important in my opinion, you'll get most of your work through word of mouth and canvassing to start with. My van's signwritten but everybody wants a card when they see me working. I could just have the words WINDOW CLEANER on my van and it would do. None of the established cleaners in my area use signwriting - only the newbies who have spent a fortune on flash kit.
Websites? - don't bother unless you want commercial work, customers couldn't give a toss in my area, they just want a good job done from a decent bloke who isn't going to rob the place. 90% of my work comes from recommendation and just being seen working.

ftp

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 07:54:04 am »
What? you know Ewan?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:13 am »
I use them and in relation to some van signage on here two of my vans, are quite boring and have small signage, the Transit however has some of the biggest sign writing I have seen and you could not miss it!

My trailer is also blank and I have been debating whether to put a two sided wrap onto this but here's the but.

Our work is national and a lot of the time I use the caravan club & caravan & camping club camp sites for accomodation and they do not like contractors and they dislike sign written vans with a passion!!, so when I book onto a club site I can remove the signage and then stick it back on before I get on site or leave it.

I would prefer to have wraps and decent signage but for this set of circumstances I cannot see how I can avoid using them.

Rob ;D

JSMC

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 10:53:49 am »
Text only? £60 if you shop around and are willing to apply it yourself - it's not difficult.

Signwriting is not that important in my opinion, you'll get most of your work through word of mouth and canvassing to start with. My van's signwritten but everybody wants a card when they see me working. I could just have the words WINDOW CLEANER on my van and it would do. None of the established cleaners in my area use signwriting - only the newbies who have spent a fortune on flash kit.
Websites? - don't bother unless you want commercial work, customers couldn't give a toss in my area, they just want a good job done from a decent bloke who isn't going to rob the place. 90% of my work comes from recommendation and just being seen working.

this is what i think also. I haven't door knocked once. all my work has came to me by others pointing themin my direction. It's handy i work in the town centre every day.

matt

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 08:26:27 pm »
i use magnetic signs, they make the point that i am a window cleaner

when people see the van, they ask me for a card

are they worth it  ? ? ? ? mag signs are fine