This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

Re: WFP how fast?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 01:39:10 pm »
Wow, I've never met a window cleaner whowas battery powered. Do they plug you in at the start of the day and just stand back ::).

I worked with a window cleaner on a big job who was as quick as I've ever seen; of course his work was poope and I'd never employ him to work on my contracts but I guess some folk's standards are lower than others :-[.

For the money quoted I'd at least do the job properly and two hours, in my opinion, wouldn't be long enough to do that :-\
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

cozy

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 01:41:00 pm »
14 hours trad???? you avin a larf?

I'd knock the outsides out b4 lunch and insides b4 3pm trad. thats ith frames, I dont clean windows without doing the frames!

as for WFP 2-3 hours depending how many fly spots there are.

That is 600 square meters of glass, highest point 9 meters. All ladder work.
The WFP guys recon 4 - 5 hours and you are only 1 hour slower ?

mr D

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 02:05:29 pm »
14 hours trad???? you avin a larf?

I'd knock the outsides out b4 lunch and insides b4 3pm trad. thats ith frames, I dont clean windows without doing the frames!

as for WFP 2-3 hours depending how many fly spots there are.

That is 600 square meters of glass, highest point 9 meters. All ladder work.
The WFP guys recon 4 - 5 hours and you are only 1 hour slower ?

I used to knock jobs like that out trad all day long. and the standard of my work is 2nd to none. there is a member on here who would vouch for that but I cant remember his user id. I've been cleaning windows for 8 years now and 7 of which trad on big/huge commercial jobs so i should be fast by now. who knows i may get slower as i age and get used to wfp which i've been using for only a year.

pingu

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 05:39:03 pm »
Look forward to seeing you...got a couple of jobs you can do on your tod....

Got a backpack, trolley and of course the van mount...so we can give you a taste of the different kit...couple of different poles as well  g/f, c/f Facelift, SL-X...

Cheers
Dave.

macmac

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 06:23:57 pm »
Are you shure the insides could be wfp'd as all the framework would have to be really cleaned thus plenty of water used. Electric points, drainage etc?

14 hours trad!! ;D  Man, that could be done in 8 no problem! (especially wi' mi wagtail flipper!)  ;)

cozy

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 07:15:44 pm »
Yes mac, it can be done inside with WFP as the hall has drainage. The frames are done twice a year, not this time. The subby is doing the job as a 3 man team on Wednesday.

I've never used wagtail, only seen the video. Could it really do that work at 35 ft high windows?

Don't forget mate, I've taken those pics and I said it's 600 sqr meters. It's only the hall to clean, not any other buildings. I think the fotos don't do it justice. I will let you know how long it took on Wednesday.

These pics seem to make the guys think it's only 2 ends and a few windows on the side. If you look closely at the pic from inside you can see the row of windows down the side. The sills are 2 and a half mtrs from the ground, so all ladder work.

600 square meters is alot of glass so 8 hours is 75 sqr meters of glass IN and OUT per hour, so doing 150 square meters an hour on ladders?

mr D

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 07:31:21 pm »
thats not 35ft mate. pole the low level windows on the side. by pole i dont mean WFP I mean trad pole. out of interest how long have you been w/c?

macmac

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 07:34:04 pm »
Yes mac, it can be done inside with WFP as the hall has drainage. The frames are done twice a year, not this time. The subby is doing the job as a 3 man team on Wednesday.

I've never used wagtail, only seen the video. Could it really do that work at 35 ft high windows?

Don't forget mate, I've taken those pics and I said it's 600 sqr meters. It's only the hall to clean, not any other buildings. I think the fotos don't do it justice. I will let you know how long it took on Wednesday.

These pics seem to make the guys think it's only 2 ends and a few windows on the side. If you look closely at the pic from inside you can see the row of windows down the side. The sills are 2 and a half mtrs from the ground, so all ladder work.

600 square meters is alot of glass so 8 hours is 75 sqr meters of glass IN and OUT per hour, so doing 150 square meters an hour on ladders?

You're right, photos NEVER do things justice. I use wagtail by hand & not from a pole, it's a quick tool. The height is very deceiving, 2.5m sills!

cozy

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 07:42:39 pm »
thats not 35ft mate. pole the low level windows on the side. by pole i dont mean WFP I mean trad pole. out of interest how long have you been w/c?

If you look at the first pic you can see a bench, the sills are about 2 and a half mtrs from the ground. I recon the elements of the bottom row of windows is about 2.2 mtrs, don't do feet and inches but that front is about 10 to 11 mtrs high. I stood infront of it.

I used to do alot of commercial stuff in my first few years, been in this game since 89 and had a break of some years. Alltogether about 16 years. My mistake is I haven't shown every angle of this job. Some of you guys seem to think it's just the ends and a few other panes. 600 meters is alot more than just the ends lads.

How do you price jobs like this in UK?. Over here it's normally sqr mtrs and any ladder or CP work extra.

Wonder what price you would get in UK :o

Added later, those doors on the left of the first pic, they are to drive horse trucks into the hall, better to judge the size now I hope, sorry about the pics guys :-[

mr D

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:57 pm »
I price work on how long it will take me defently not by m2 I'm a window cleaner not a tiler. lol

thats still not 35 ft. my ladder is 35 ft and reaches 3rd floor those top windows are no way 3rd floor more like a high 2nd.

if you have been at this game since 89 your probably quite a bit older than me hence why it will take you a little longer. dont beat yourself up about it. I'm sure when you were 29 you could bang it out in 7 hours

cozy

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 08:17:45 pm »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate.

You're right and I've got my money ;D

mr D

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:25 pm »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate.

never a truer word said.

here's a pic of a 35 ft ladder climb

cozy

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 08:35:57 pm »
That's about right. 30 foot is roughly 10 meters.

All W/C's over here, without exception, price on square meters, ladder work, cherry picker & access. In all my years, my etimates are rarely more than 5% out (faster/slower) The reason I've sub'd this out, is because, I can earn the same money working on other jobs without ladders. Given the choice, everbody would do the same.

The last window cleaner measured the job and the custy is paying 1,35 €uro's plus VAT per square meter. Let's say the front is only 20 feet (it's not) but who cares?

All I wanted to know was, how long it would take a WFP guy to clean it.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:47 pm »
Those 4 windows where the window cleaner is would take about 10minutes off a ladder and he`d be huffin and puffin from just doing that,i do a place similar with almost identical windows and those 4 windows would be done inwell under 2 minutes.Jobs like that 1 above are a very good gauge to how quick WFP can be.

mr D

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 09:42:46 pm »
Those 4 windows where the window cleaner is would take about 10minutes off a ladder and he`d be huffin and puffin from just doing that,i do a place similar with almost identical windows and those 4 windows would be done inwell under 2 minutes.Jobs like that 1 above are a very good gauge to how quick WFP can be.

your aving a larf, I dont do huffing and puffing! you should employ fit non smoking wc's  ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 01:12:50 pm »
But you still wouldn't match a wfp user; nowhere near. He'd be done, sat in the van having his lunch whilst you were still only half way through.

Is that you in the picture?

It just reminds me why I invested in wfp; at 40 I'm old too, or maybe it's just wiser than I was at 29  ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 03:19:51 pm »
The higher the windows the more time saved with the pole in reality.

mr D

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 09:40:35 pm »
guys your miss reading what i'm saying.

I agree WFP is so much faster, I would WFP everything if i could. The picture of a lad up a ladder was just to show the height comparison.

and its not me up the ladder its a mate. he didn't clean the windows just went up my ladder for the photo. he couldn't work at that night.

DaveG

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 09:52:57 pm »
Getting back to the original question...

Dont forget , if you are going to do the insides WFP , then include an extra hour for cleaning the horse poop of your hoses etc!! :o
You can't polish a turd

cozy

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2009, 10:09:37 pm »
I'll let you know how he gets on tomorrow.