This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Anna Warren

Expending the business
« on: June 12, 2009, 09:23:58 pm »
I am a sole trader , I do domestic and I'd like to expend my buiness . I'dlike to hire some staff to do more domestic. Where should I start? There's a big demand for cleaner in my area, should I advertise for staff first or rather for jobs for them?

Re: Expending the business
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 05:50:23 am »
Well if you have the staff and no work you are paying them for nothing.

I would get the work, cover it, then find extra staff. That way cash flow shouldnt hold you back.

For us the job centre is the best place for us to advertise jobs. And its free.

Also you can give someone 16 hours per week or full time and they will assist you and pay about 5 hours for 6 months so that might be worth looking into.

Make sure you have a written contract of employment or / Statement of Fact etc you might regret it. Dont just use a template.

Best of luck.

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:35:35 am »
Hi Anna

Where abouts are you based?

Nick

Anna Warren

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:19:46 am »
Notrh Yorkshire

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:25:53 am »
Hi Anna,

I think you will have to put the work in first,
When I expanded I extended my days i.e started at 7am and finished at 7pm, once I had 5days a week of that for about a month I got a part time person on ,and started a later and finished earlier.
Took on any type of jobs and worked on filling the staff time.
Have you any family that can help?
Give me a call if you want
Nick Jones

Helen_Marsden

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 07:29:24 pm »
Hi guys!

I too have just started my own cleanung round been going about 6 weeks, can't take on any more clients and need staff.
Thought I'd prefer to employ staff, but just been to an accountant who deals with business start up and he makes 'agnecy' sound more appealing.
How are you guys doing it? what route would you recommend?

Thanks
Helen

APPLEMAIDCLEANING

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 10:58:37 pm »
we had this problem so we looked at our working hours and changed to 24 hour service and did shifts using same staff.

myvanwi

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »
Well if you have the staff and no work you are paying them for nothing.

I would get the work, cover it, then find extra staff. That way cash flow shouldnt hold you back.

For us the job centre is the best place for us to advertise jobs. And its free.

Also you can give someone 16 hours per week or full time and they will assist you and pay about 5 hours for 6 months so that might be worth looking into.

We always recruit from job centre and have not been informed of this payment of 5 hours how did you go about this?

Make sure you have a written contract of employment or / Statement of Fact etc you might regret it. Dont just use a template.

Best of luck.