Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig b

police check
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:55:05 pm »
the local police officers stopped a trad window cleaner....asked him was he insured and told him he wasnt aloud to clean above 2 metre on a ladder....
poor guy had to go down and sign of the dole because he thought he was being watched...

i would enjoy it if they stopped me while i was working of a ladder ..so i could teach them the law maybe teach them something...

elite mike

Re: police check
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:00:24 pm »

nazi state >:(

wfp master

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 08:07:42 pm »
the local police officers stopped a trad window cleaner....asked him was he insured and told him he wasnt aloud to clean above 2 metre on a ladder....
poor guy had to go down and sign of the dole because he thought he was being watched...

i would enjoy it if they stopped me while i was working of a ladder ..so i could teach them the law maybe teach them something...

he should not be working and claiming dole money anyway. he is robbing us the tax payer. poor guy i dont think so. >:(

wfp master

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:23:04 pm »
its me hes out  :)

mileslake

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 08:25:37 pm »
Did this happen in MAC Browns Scotland or soon to be MAC Browns ex  ENGLAND??

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:43:11 pm »

I would have laughed at them and carried on ::), least they should know is the law...
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:37:03 pm »

he should not be working and claiming dole money anyway. he is robbing us the tax payer. poor guy i dont think so. >:(

It is possible, in certain circumstances, to work and to claim some dole money.  Perfectly legal too.  I did it for a short while when I first started and I was straight with them about it.  Five things must be in place for this to be approved.
1)  The total income on a given week must be less than a certain amount.
2)  You cannot claim and earn on the same day (job seeker's allowance is based over six days).
3)  You must state that you would give up the window cleaning if you were offered a job.
4)  You must be seeking employment in the normal ways on the days when you don't work.
5)  You must have the relevant type of NI contributions paid in ther qualifying period.

I qualified because I met all those criteria.
I started from zero turnover so it took a few weeks before I was earning enough to sign off (bear in mind that the running expenses are deducted from the turnover to get the income).  I did all that work on one day each week- therefore qualifying for five sixths of the weekly payment.  I would have stopped window cleaning if I had been offered a job (the fact that I later changed my mind was irrelevant because the question refers to the here and now).  I was seeking work when I had no window cleaning.  I did have the relevant NI contributions because I had been an employee for many years up to that point.
I did actually save the taxpayer a lot of money because after 6 months on the dole, I would have qualified for £x per week (can't recall the exact amount) under some business start-up allowance scheme that was going then.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 07:20:50 am »
The two metres rule is well known. Its intended to cover the building trade but we get caught up in it as well.
Its part of the Health and Safety Legislation and not a police matter. I take it to mean having your feet two metres off the ground.

Platinum NW

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 08:26:58 am »
At the end of the day he is taking work off all us hard working-tax/insurancne  paying genuine window cleaners

He is probably undercutting you to get a pint or to buy some smack so at in the end its us getting f***ed not him

Phone the DSS and get theem off the streets or you could pull him off the ladder and have a nice word with him