This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

airways

Re: Varitech Hot..
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 08:33:49 am »
Nice on . Keep us informed please.

jr windows

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 07:52:23 pm »
Just wondering if the wc that emailed advanced auto Elec did pete come back with a better price?

Cheers jay

airways

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 05:08:40 pm »
Hi All,

I emailed Advance Auto Electric in Manchester for more information about the Webasto heaters. Below is the reply they sent me. They seem very helpfull. I hope people find this information usefull.

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry, i hope that this info is o.k. for you.

The thermo 50 is a 24volt unit. The Thermo Top C is the 12volt 5.2kw heater and you can get it in a petrol or diesel fired unit. The universal (uv) kit comes with a timer but it will only run for one hour, and is only good for a pre-heat.
An over ride switch should be used to run it all day. A frost stat can be wired in to the system but is not supplied with it. The Thermo 90S is now replaced by the Thermo 90ST and its the one to be used  for a two pole unit but is not supplied with a timer or switch at all in the euro kit. A timer can be supplied as an extra part if required.

The cost of the heater kits to you would be.  Thermo Top C diesel. £648.72 with out vat. Thermo 90ST would be £981.74 with out vat. (The list price is £810.90 and £1227.17 + vat)

The TTC is supplied with a uv wiring loom, fuel pipe and fittings, fuel pump, one mt exhaust pipe, exhaust silencer, combustion air pipe,uv mounting bracket, uv water pipe and fittings, timer, fuel T fitting kit, and a bag of screws and bolts etc.

The T90ST is supplied with much the same. But no timer, no fuel fittings and no switch gear at all.

A hot plate heat exchanger will also be required and it is supplied with a mixer valve kit to control the water outlet temp to the pole.

A 10/12 Ltr header/expansion tank would also be required.

I have enclosed a pic of the TTC heater kit. We could supply you with a heater, plastic header tank. hot plate heat exchanger and control panel all mounted on a  alloy universal bracket. We can also supply you with fuel tank fittings if required. You would just need to run a neg and a pos from your extra battery to the heater panel, drill a hole in the floor for the exhaust and combustion air pipes and connect the cold water in and the hot water out to make the system work.

We can supply an automatic split charge unit for the extra battery if it's not all ready fitted, and silicone grommets for the floor to run the exhaust etc through, and lagging to cover the exhaust to stop people from burning them selves.
If you require extra info it might be worth giving me a call.   Please don't reply to this e-mail address has i don't check it from one week to the next, use the works one.

Regards Peter Ryan.

--

Advance Auto Electric Ltd.
28 Longwood Road
Trafford Park
Manchester
M17 1PZ

jr windows

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 09:03:59 pm »
Has anyone bought from Advanced Auto Elec?
Cheers Jason

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 11:31:31 pm »
i just fill my tank with hot water in the morning

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 08:11:44 am »
I'm not knocking hot at all.....but one of my clients who has been WFP for over 10 years has just recently stopped using a hot system as he found the benefits did not outweigh the extra expense/hassle and the extra strain it put on his hose and fittings.

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 06:41:38 pm »
When I was using shureflo pump with flow control box I use to have my hose swell up but never lost any connections. Since using Flojet pumps with higher flow rate I haven't had any problems with hose swelling after several months use.

Hot water is quicker and means less scrubbing on bird muck without any doubt and time saving as well so for me the time saved outweighs the running costs.

If all my work was inland (not coastal) perhaps I might possibly consider going cold during the summer, but definitely not in the winter when it's almost freezing.