This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Trad with no solution.
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:35:57 pm »
Talking to a trad guy today and he was telling me he uses no fairy or anything, just plain water  ???

NWH

Re: Trad with no solution.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:38:02 pm »
Is he about 80 years old with a flat cap and a roll up sticking out of his mouth.

Tom Gower

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:38:39 pm »
For trad cleaning the very best detergent to use is co-op own brand it is truly awesome!!

wfp master

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:33 pm »
Talking to a trad guy today and he was telling me he uses no fairy or anything, just plain water  ???
that will make a good job. NOT

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 08:21:41 pm »
For trad cleaning the very best detergent to use is co-op own brand it is truly awesome!!
Fairys better  ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:09:51 pm »
I use glass gleam 4 with a little sorbo glide.
Fairy liquid is designed to wash dishes not windows and leaves a film on the window which holds onto dirt.
you wouldnt wash your dishes with persil, arial or daz washing powder would you. NO, thats because they are designed to clean clothes lol
just because a product looks like it cleans doesnt mean its the right cleaning agent  to use.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:12:17 pm »
Fairys better  ;D

surely you mean

morning fresh  ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:18:42 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

macmac

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:24:20 pm »

Try it, it's impossible to fan a blade with no slip. He must pull straight strokes.

Tom Gower

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 10:04:41 pm »
Fairys better  ;D

Trust me try co-op you won't believe how much better it is at cleaning windows, fairy is better at doing dishes though.

ftp

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 10:26:21 pm »

Try it, it's impossible to fan a blade with no slip. He must pull straight strokes.

I have watched him a couple of times and he does vertical strokes and runs the blade through his fingers. He's been cleaning for nearly thirty years.

macmac

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 10:30:44 pm »

I have watched him a couple of times and he does vertical strokes and runs the blade through his fingers. He's been cleaning for nearly thirty years.

Everybody to their own I suppose! :)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 10:58:08 pm »
When I first started, I was taught to squeegee with plain water - no detergent allowed.  If you practice it works perfectly, just a different sort of technique and skill.

And it gets the windows clean ;)

You had to take more care, and needed to be able to 'fan' without allowing the squeegee to stop or it would jump and leave a mark.

Being lazy, I realised it was easier with some sort of soap when I started up on my own ;D

wfp master

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 12:40:00 am »

[/quote aye the blade just sticks on the glass squeeke squeeke blade marks.