This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Cheeky bugger
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:34:17 pm »
Got a call from a trad cleaner yesterday because he's been stopped from doing a commercial five storey job by hanging out the windows  :o
He wants to subby the outsides to me. It's a difficult job because it has windows set behind mullion brickwork so there's no way I can reach all the glass. "Don't worry i've already told them they won't be very clean because the waterfed system is crap" he says.

AuRavelling79

Re: Cheeky bugger
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 05:36:29 pm »
 ;D
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 05:37:02 pm »
If you do it and they come up clean the chances are he will buy 1 and all you will end up doing is convincing him that WFP works,he`s not going to keep giving you the work once he`s got 1 is he.

ftp

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 06:02:12 pm »
No he won't - I told him it's crap too.  ;D

GWCS

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 06:02:27 pm »
why dont you go direct to them to offer to do it at the price he's subbing to you..LOL

MJH

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 06:05:18 pm »
Got a call from a trad cleaner yesterday because he's been stopped from doing a commercial five storey job by hanging out the windows  :o
He wants to subby the outsides to me. It's a difficult job because it has windows set behind mullion brickwork so there's no way I can reach all the glass. "Don't worry i've already told them they won't be very clean because the waterfed system is crap" he says.

If he cant do the whole job safely, maybe he shouldn't be doing it all, go and undercut him :o :o :o

ftp

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:07:05 pm »
He's had the job for years and i'm not interested in poaching his work to be honest. I've got more than enough to keep me going at the moment. Might wish i'd nicked it come the winter though.  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 08:20:48 pm »
cleaning today and a van stopped and 2 big lads jumped out,and to my surprise they both want there windows cleaning as they have sacked the guy with the pole as he is crap,also said most of the block would want me as well  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 10:08:50 pm »
cleaning today and a van stopped and 2 big lads jumped out,and to my surprise they both want there windows cleaning as they have sacked the guy with the pole as he is crap,also said most of the block would want me as well  ;D

Isn't that someone else's patch?  ;D

NWH

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 10:31:14 pm »
Very limited to how much work you can phisically do off a ladder but with a pole you stop when you want not when your legs tell you to,like it or not Stan within 5 years we will all be off the ladder if you want to be legal that is.

R W C

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:41 pm »

They want you as youll do the block for a tenner  ;D