Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john k

broken back
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:23:21 pm »
i was doin my round today as normal when a women came across and asked me for a quote for gutter an facsia clean as we got talking she started telling me about her window cleaner who usually does it he,s had  an accident he came off his ladder broke his back, arm and collar bone and will be in hospital for some time. its the best reason ive heard of to date for wfp, if it ever came to were i'd after go back to ladders i think i'd quit.

LWC

Re: broken back
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 05:27:45 pm »
A customer told me once about a window cleaner that was across the road leaning over a roof, fell through and died  :-\

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 05:47:37 pm »
Yep ladders are dangerous if you dont use them properly.

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 06:29:55 pm »
same old poop again

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 06:41:41 pm »
same old poop again

Wot no smiley??  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 06:42:20 pm »
 ;D ;D

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 07:14:29 pm »
I'm picking up a few jobs locally because the old window cleaner fell of his ladder and broke both his ankles!! :o

Mind you at the prices he was charging i reckon he jumped!! ;)
You can't polish a turd

ants

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 07:41:22 pm »
lmao ;D

macmac

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 08:58:49 pm »
One of my customers was killed in a car accident last week, she was only doing 30mph. That's the best reason for us all to pack up & sell our vehicles?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 09:49:31 pm »
she was only doing 30mph. That's the best reason for us all to pack up & sell our vehicles?

No,.. that's the reason WOMEN shouldn't drive!!! ;)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 09:52:28 pm »
she was only doing 30mph. That's the best reason for us all to pack up & sell our vehicles?

No,.. that's the reason WOMEN shouldn't drive!!! ;)

:o :o :o

dai

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 05:04:31 pm »
A local window cleaner died suddenly, they were out canvassing before the poor bugger was buried.
Call me old fashioned, but I think it's only decent to give his misses a chance to sell the round and make a few bob.

martinsadie

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 08:13:44 pm »
A local window cleaner died suddenly, they were out canvassing before the poor bugger was buried.
Call me old fashioned, but I think it's only decent to give his misses a chance to sell the round and make a few bob.
if that happened around here the canvasses would be put in there place and the local lads would take care of selling the round for her

NWH

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 08:32:07 pm »
It might sound harsh Stan but some people don`t think like that i`m afraid sad though it is,if you knocked on there doors and told them the story some of them would still want to get there own window cleaner.Certain situations really show you the real person and in some instances it`s not nice,i`ll bet some would say that`s sad but i still want my windows cleaning i`ve got a party next week.

martinsadie

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 08:44:54 pm »
It might sound harsh Stan but some people don`t think like that i`m afraid sad though it is,if you knocked on there doors and told them the story some of them would still want to get there own window cleaner.Certain situations really show you the real person and in some instances it`s not nice,i`ll bet some would say that`s sad but i still want my windows cleaning i`ve got a party next week.
the local lads would clean the round between us till it was sold

NWH

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 08:59:31 pm »
All i`m saying and i pretty much know for a fact because i know what there like there answer would be i`ll find my own window cleaner thank`s,they don`t know you from Adam as good as your intensions are they won`t see it like that like i said most people are selfish and don`t see the big picture,your trying to do his wife a favour to them your just another window cleaner.A lot of my custies are fairly big in business and this also comes through in there view on most things and they certainly wouldn`t be told what was happening as far as who was going to be coming round there house-houses.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »
A lot of my custies are fairly big in business and this also comes through in there view on most things

What they doing employing you then  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 09:05:12 pm »
All i`m saying and i pretty much know for a fact because i know what there like there answer would be i`ll find my own window cleaner thank`s,they don`t know you from Adam as good as your intensions are they won`t see it like that like i said most people are selfish and don`t see the big picture,your trying to do his wife a favour to them your just another window cleaner.A lot of my custies are fairly big in business and this also comes through in there view on most things and they certainly wouldn`t be told what was happening as far as who was going to be coming round there house-houses.
i can see your point , but this is a working class area where the rounds are compact and in patches,local lad was stabbed last year and lost a kidney,he was off work 6 months,work was taken care of and not one customer lost

elite mike

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 09:14:22 pm »
i can see your point , but this is a working class area where the rounds are compact and in patches,local lad was stabbed last year and lost a kidney,he was off work 6 months,work was taken care of and not one customer lost

respect  8)

NWH

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 09:33:00 pm »
A lot of my custies are fairly big in business and this also comes through in there view on most things

What they doing employing you then  ;D
What i meant to say was a lot of them are A-Holes.