This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m b shaw

what mix
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:53:13 am »
just wondered if someone knows best mix for trad cleans,we only do a few trad these days but only use poles not ladders,so been experimenting with different solutions to keep detailing to a minimum. at the moment we re using pure with unger pill and small amount of gg4,do you think just pure with something to make squeegee slide like sorbo glide would do it.thought i d ask before ordering as someone on here usually knows the answer.  cheers mick

Window Washers

Re: what mix
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:58:49 pm »
just wondered if someone knows best mix for trad cleans,we only do a few trad these days but only use poles not ladders,so been experimenting with different solutions to keep detailing to a minimum. at the moment we re using pure with unger pill and small amount of gg4,do you think just pure with something to make squeegee slide like sorbo glide would do it.thought i d ask before ordering as someone on here usually knows the answer.  cheers mick
I use gg4 and pure, just add a little more than needed of gg4 gives enough slip
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

R W C

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:10:33 pm »
ettore squeegee off, pure water and a good blade I use ettore rubbers, tried pulex and unger and couldnt stand them.

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 04:04:47 pm »
why does everyone use pure?

Soon as you use it its not pure. Although ive never used a tds meter on it, so there could be less than usual.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:15:51 pm »
That's exactly the same question I was going to ask. What a waste of pure water - another expense that's hardly required if you are using trad methods.
Someone will tell him he needs a 4040 ro unit next  ::)

R W C

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 04:18:01 pm »
Its not exactly a lot of water and its available when i want it, why bring my bucket in and get water from tap when i can get it from my tank.

Chris

MNWC

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 04:18:57 pm »
try rainwater thats about 7 to 20 tds and its free a little rinse aid from the dishwasher.............marvellous  

ftp

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:31:34 pm »
Its not exactly a lot of water and its available when i want it, why bring my bucket in and get water from tap when i can get it from my tank.

Chris

I was referring to the original post. I do the same 'cos it's there but it has no real advantage.

clean

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 04:34:03 pm »
try rainwater thats about 7 to 20 tds and its free a little rinse aid from the dishwasher.............marvellous  

I agree using pure water then adding a liquid then constantly dipping in it is a complete waste of time,i tested rain water in my back garden today and tds was 2

Ambient Services

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 04:38:19 pm »
why does everyone use pure?

Soon as you use it its not pure. Although ive never used a tds meter on it, so there could be less than usual.

It does make a difference, it still has all the minerals, etc taken out of it so it makes a hard water area reall, really soft if it is such a thing. There is GG4 is for hard water which has a different mix than GG3 for example.

m b shaw

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 05:37:12 pm »
thanks for all replies, i use pure to see if it makes much differance and i think it does.tried it with my own windows and when i finished checked them to see big improvement. can i just say the cleaning of the glass was the same, but the detailing was a lot better i e just under the frame where i tap the squeegee was very nearly perfect so no need to wipe,also when some say why use pure because as soon as you put gg4 etc in it it s not pure,well, it might not be pure but it s not over 350 tds that comes out of my tap.  cheers mick

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 07:30:55 pm »
I use GG4 and sorbo glide with pure water.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.