This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DanielUK

Self-piercing saddle valve or 2 way tap connector?
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:35:57 am »
I want to connect my RO to an outside tap that other people may wish to use to wash their cars etc.

Would it be better to use a dual tap connector or a self-piercing saddle tap?

macmac said they restrict flow on this thread http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=58665.msg503465#msg503465

What is my best option?

Also, would running a 20 metre 1/4" hose from the tap to my RO effect water pressure?  

Thanks!

chris@c.m.s

Re: Self-piercing saddle valve or 2 way tap connector?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:51:41 am »
Dual tap connector Macmac is quite right a saddle clamp will restrict your flow, keep any hose as straight as you can and it will have as lower resistance as possible, are you sure you mean 1/4 inch garden hose is 1/2inch?   
Sussex by the sea

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 09:50:06 am »
You should use a 2 way tap IMHO, I used the self peircing type, then had to re plumb it all with normal pipe.  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Rob.Hall

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:58:08 am »
Self pearcing is a pain. I did that and now want to remove it but its a lot of hastle.
And yes, you are restricted in pressure flow.

DanielUK

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:12:44 am »
are you sure you mean 1/4 inch garden hose is 1/2inch?   

I understood that the supply feed from the tap to the RO was 1/4" tubing?  I was going to get a John Guest Outside Tap to 1/4" Push Fit Adapter. 

How do you connect from your tap to your RO?

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 10:17:09 am »
are you sure you mean 1/4 inch garden hose is 1/2inch?   

I understood that the supply feed from the tap to the RO was 1/4" tubing?  I was going to get a John Guest Outside Tap to 1/4" Push Fit Adapter. 

How do you connect from your tap to your RO?
what RO do you have ?, can you take a pic of the end connections ?

I have 2 4040's and both have different connections, one is standard gargen hose the other I think is the 1/4 inch tube I think, I built that up to garden hose size,
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

DanielUK

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 10:20:06 am »

I haven't bought it yet, I am just getting my list ready and should be ordering this week.  But I was looking at the 300gpd RO-MAN

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 10:59:51 am »

I haven't bought it yet, I am just getting my list ready and should be ordering this week.  But I was looking at the 300gpd RO-MAN
just ask them for the connection for standard hoselock, I know they do them as I have one of the pipes