This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon smith50

just taken on a canvasser help please
« on: June 09, 2009, 11:14:57 pm »
i have taken on a canvasser any help and guidance with how i should pay him and what i should expect from him as minimums , am i expecting to much of him to get me ten jobs a day at average of £15 a time and should i be paying him first clean rates at 1 or 2 times revenue
new area for me
help me if you can

thanks
simon
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

LWC

Re: just taken on a canvasser help please
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:44:45 am »
I havent done it myself yet, but i would give a % of a first clean. Dont wanna be doing that first clean for nothing for yourelf casue they take longer  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:30:43 am »
I would try and strike a deal with him where you pay him the value of the first clean, so the more jobs he gets you the more he earns.

Is he a mate or someone you have advertised for? If you can get an invoice from him, then you can use this for tax expenses purposes.

The going rate for for canvassers is 2 or 2 1/2 times value of the clean.

What formula are you using for pricing.....ie £1 a window??

First cleans can be a major pain in the a***, but once they are done its usually plain sailing ..

Dont forget that if you DO pay him 1 X clean ( 10 jobs@£15 = £150) that is a relatively small outlay for work that can potentially bring in £1800 per year (if done monthly).

Hope this helps a bit

Cheers Dave
You can't polish a turd

windolene

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 07:43:56 am »
Hi,

I had some young girl just for a few weeks while she was at a loose end. She went out in the dark cold evenings @ £7.50 per hour +10% of new work she brought in. I went out & priced the work up of people who asked for a quote. One came to £280.00.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

Steve CM

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:06:41 am »
i have taken on a canvasser any help and guidance with how i should pay him and what i should expect from him as minimums , am i expecting to much of him to get me ten jobs a day at average of £15 a time and should i be paying him first clean rates at 1 or 2 times revenue
new area for me
help me if you can

thanks
simon

if he could bring in 10 solid jobs at £15 a night everynight give hm my number as i would employ him tomorrow ;)

its a tall order

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 01:02:29 pm »
I would try and strike a deal with him where you pay him the value of the first clean, so the more jobs he gets you the more he earns.

Is he a mate or someone you have advertised for? If you can get an invoice from him, then you can use this for tax expenses purposes.

The going rate for for canvassers is 2 or 2 1/2 times value of the clean.

What formula are you using for pricing.....ie £1 a window??

First cleans can be a major pain in the a***, but once they are done its usually plain sailing ..

Dont forget that if you DO pay him 1 X clean ( 10 jobs@£15 = £150) that is a relatively small outlay for work that can potentially bring in £1800 per year (if done monthly).

Hope this helps a bit

Cheers Dave
thats what canvassing companies charge, they pay there staff 1x from what the guys tell me
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

simon smith50

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 06:05:14 pm »
got me several jobs this week however he thought he was to price them as well not sure where he got that from i gave him a guide as to how i priced  so that he would know what sort of property to go at in the given area   . had me cleaning 8 windows 2 doors and 15 metres of fascia for£13 on two jobs . he had to go
costing me a fortune won't do that again
un related to that got a home internal clean to price up and a 2 storey office from flyers .
back to what i know FLYERS .
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

heathrow100

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 02:21:40 am »
How long does it take to canvass yourself? this time of year a quality flyer followed up by a call after a couple of days look and be professional to the potential customer,promote your biz in the right way.2 hours an evening 5 mon-fri right attitude you will get results,dont pay canvassers,SEE the potential customer yourself and build a customer relationship and then give incentives to that customer ,refferals for fee cleans etc and give a free clean for that customer.Why deal with canvassers
 ?

markbonham

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:39:57 pm »
I have canvassed all of my round and i rent it out to sub contractors and have canvassed about £20,000 of work per month in about 7 months i did have help and paid them 80% of what they got in.Canvassing works not flyers. I started it out by canvassing for other window cleaning companies and then thought i would do it for myself. Canvassers need the experience to be able to price, evaluate the job how dofficult access is, windows can't get to e.t.c. A canvasser should no problem get £60-£100 each evening from 5-7.30pm. This is based and proven in North West.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 08:38:24 am »
My wife does the canvassing for me and i go back to quote. She did 2 hours the other day and came back with 16 quotes. It works well like that, if i was to have a canvasser i think i would go down the same route with me pricing
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:44 am »
Does anyone else think that female canvassers get much better results?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 09:14:32 am »
I sure do, it also helps that she tells them that we are husband and wife. People like to know its family run and makes it a little more personal knowing they know the person on the end of the phone (my wife most times) and the guy whos cleaning the windows (me).
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go