This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

niceandclean

DIY Gutter Sucker
« on: June 09, 2009, 07:56:18 pm »
I use a pressure washer at the moment, but with all the talk on here about the gutter vacs, i have now started to think i would like one.
Is there much difference in price between buying one from a company or diy? Can you source the same machines and parts that much cheaper??

GWCS

Re: DIY Gutter Sucker
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:03:56 pm »
I use a pressure washer at the moment, but with all the talk on here about the gutter vacs, i have now started to think i would like one.
Is there much difference in price between buying one from a company or diy? Can you source the same machines and parts that much cheaper??

No not much difference. Depends if you want to and have time to DIY. If you employ your best to buy company version.

Yes you can source parts easily enough.

Id use the forum search function for "how to" as its been discussed many times (and you will only be referred back to the DIY how to thread.

matt

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:05:46 pm »
ive started a DIY Gutter vac forum on the DIY forum with the idea to keep all the info together

E.mail me for the link to the DIY Forum

diywfplink@yahoo.co.uk

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 08:20:36 pm »
ive started a DIY Gutter vac forum on the DIY forum with the idea to keep all the info together

E.mail me for the link to the DIY Forum

diywfplink@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks, email sent.

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:45:40 pm »
i remember seeing that ages ago that diy guide.

do gardiners still sell the vacs?

JSMC

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:54:14 pm »
problem with gutters is that sometimes the slates/tiles are almost covering the gutter so you would need atachments sometimes.

reckon now and then ye would just have to climb the ladder and do it the old way tbh

Mr H

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:56:17 pm »
How to DIY a gutter vacuum system...

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=51156.0

I did put the prices up in a post somewhere on here to show the difference for various heights. The biggest saving is when you are also in the market for a 60ft pole. The saving between diy and lets say an Omnivac is about £200-£300 for JUST the gutter vacuum system or a saving of nearer £1000- £1500 when compared to the Ionics Upkeeper. But when compared to buying a gutter vac system AND a 60ft pole then the gaps get even bigger because you are utilising the 60 pole sections to do 2 jobs.

The DIY system is lighter and can be used by 1 person at greater heights than the Omnivac and the Upkeeper doesn't go above 24ft.
The Omnivac system is great as a straight out the box system and is definatly stronger than the DIY, has ready made attachments and has a backup service. Least said about the Upkeeper the better.
There are some other systems out there so do your research.

They all have their own strengths and their own flaws so choose which is best for you and your business.

Regards
Mr H

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:02:00 pm »
for house guttering i reckon it could be tricky as the gap on gutter for getting attachment in is sometimes very small

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 09:18:24 pm »
How to DIY a gutter vacuum system...

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=51156.0

I did put the prices up in a post somewhere on here to show the difference for various heights. The biggest saving is when you are also in the market for a 60ft pole. The saving between diy and lets say an Omnivac is about £200-£300 for JUST the gutter vacuum system or a saving of nearer £1000- £1500 when compared to the Ionics Upkeeper. But when compared to buying a gutter vac system AND a 60ft pole then the gaps get even bigger because you are utilising the 60 pole sections to do 2 jobs.

The DIY system is lighter and can be used by 1 person at greater heights than the Omnivac and the Upkeeper doesn't go above 24ft.
The Omnivac system is great as a straight out the box system and is definatly stronger than the DIY, has ready made attachments and has a backup service. Least said about the Upkeeper the better.
There are some other systems out there so do your research.

They all have their own strengths and their own flaws so choose which is best for you and your business.

Regards
Mr H

Thanks for that reply, i will have a look at all options.
I only thought there was 2 ready made systems on the U.K market?

Mr H

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:39 pm »
Brodex do 1 and so does cteast.co.uk

Mr H

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 10:49:03 pm »
for house guttering i reckon it could be tricky as the gap on gutter for getting attachment in is sometimes very small

Thats why you make, buy and use different attachments. I've even done houses where the tiles came so far into the gutters you couldn't have done it by hand and had to feed a vac hose in from the side to run along the guttering behind the tiles.
Glad it was a standard house or else it would have been a mewp job.

Regards
Mr H

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:14 pm »
Sad to say at the mo, the brodex vac, needs a lot of work before it really hits the market, i had a demo, there other products are good just not this one, saying that it was a rush job to get it at the show, and sees to have stayed the same.

Some times cheaper is not better
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

JSMC

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 11:27:03 pm »
surely plenty of decent vacs for sale online

niceandclean

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 10:11:17 am »

Thanks, ill have a look.

Brian B

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 04:57:37 pm »
I have been using this vacuum for the past 10 months, I have 17 metres of hose which I bought with the vacuum this means that the vacuum only needs to be moved two or three time to clean a large four bed detached house.  Best £250 I spent last year earned me loads!

JSMC

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »
which one? ebay link i posted/

any pics of yer set up mate and toold for on end of hose

JSMC

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 11:46:41 pm »
what generator ye running these off?

JSMC

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 11:54:57 pm »
I have been using this vacuum for the past 10 months, I have 17 metres of hose which I bought with the vacuum this means that the vacuum only needs to be moved two or three time to clean a large four bed detached house.  Best £250 I spent last year earned me loads!

you just attach hose onto one of yer wfp poles?