This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark dew

Re: collecting problems
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 05:55:38 pm »
I'm a big fan of leaving postal details for customers to post me a cheque.
I collected the 1st couple of years until 1 day i realised that my fuel bill could be cut by 60% or so. 
If everyone was home by 6pm i would probably still collect now, as it was an enjoyable part of my day and got me out at nights. Trouble was people finish work at all hours and i couln't justify driving 10+ miles more than once for a £10 job.
I worked out some of these jobs i was on less than min wage after time and fuel costs came into play.
Funnily enough, i don't have many more customers per month than i did 3 years ago, due to culling. But my average job price has almost doubled.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 08:04:08 pm »
I collect on a thursday or friday evening between 6pm and 8pm, if they are not in when I call I leave them a stamped addressed envelope so they can pay by cheque and a slip with my paypal info so they can pay by paypal.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

brianbarber

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 08:55:57 pm »
Been leaving SAE envelopes, works a treat,wasting time collecting means some jobs you will lose out,by the time you allow your time and diesel.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

martinsadie

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 09:57:47 pm »
Been leaving SAE envelopes, works a treat,wasting time collecting means some jobs you will lose out,by the time you allow your time and diesel.

Mr B
not if you have a compact round

dai

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 11:22:17 pm »
A lot has been said previously about direct debiting and someone said that you had to have a merchant's account.
My kids Karate lessons are paid for by direct debit, the guy that runs the classes uses some company, and all payments go through them. I suppose they take a fee for doing this, and pass the remaining money onto the Karate academy.
I will ask the Karate instructor what the exact set up is on Friday.

EZclean

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 04:04:37 pm »
i collect for about half an hour what ive done that day, will not get all of it in, but it makes friday collecting not as long, and supplements those who were in and paid there and then. its nice to have the brass in your pocket at the end of the working day.
but ive just started taking Paypal. for a £10 house it cost me about 50p!!!
think i'll knock that on the head
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

GWCS

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 04:34:46 pm »
i collect for about half an hour what ive done that day, will not get all of it in, but it makes friday collecting not as long, and supplements those who were in and paid there and then. its nice to have the brass in your pocket at the end of the working day.
but ive just started taking Paypal. for a £10 house it cost me about 50p!!!
think i'll knock that on the head

Most of my custies pay via cheque, bank transfer seems to getting very popular!

Paypal works but i give them the 50p charge for doing so.

dai

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 04:37:52 pm »
If anyone does want to go down the direct debit road there is a company that will collect it for you.
dfc Debit Finance Collections plc. You can email them at  info@debitfinance.co.uk or phone them on 01908422007.

jouk45

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »
well i went round tonight collecting,  most of them all where in,  one custy in particular, says err? you not suppose to collect on a friday?? i said yes normaly but i cant seem to catch you in, well i will have to see if i have any spare cash  lying around he said, what a cheek  ;D

Helen

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 11:00:17 pm »
Can't believe so many still go collecting. Went out with the ark ;D
Cheques in post or on-line. Easy and leaves your evenings free for better things ;)

perfectpanesplymouth

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 12:25:22 am »
i love collecting
it means i don't have to sit with the wife :D

Helen

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009, 09:58:49 am »
i love collecting
it means i don't have to sit with the wife :D

she probably feels the same. so keep collecting  ;D

monkeyboy950

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009, 11:26:50 am »
how do u go about getting the online thing set up ????
i would love to be able to get that sorted

EZclean

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 12:11:10 pm »
easiest way is paypal, if you or your customers use Ebay, then its easy to send and also request money.
the other way is Internet Banking, i have a customer i never ever see, when i've done i send a text and he goes online to his bank account and pays me into my bank. He just needed my Sort Code and Bank Account No., i dont use internet banking but it makes no difference cos it uses BACS i think, where as PayPal just needs an email address
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 03:31:49 pm »
I love collecting the week before Christmas, plenty of tips, last year I recieved a bottle of whisky, 3 cases of beer and £230 in tips lol.
I wouldnt of gained any of this if I didnt go out collecting  ;D ;D ;D

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

jouk45

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 03:38:32 pm »
yes good question, would we still get the money tips with online payments  ;D

cozy

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 04:01:46 pm »
I'm strange in that way, I enjoy collecting. Gives me contact with the custies and I think makes that little bit of a difference when it comes to loyalty.

Having said that, I must be really strange, as I also enjoy knocking on doors and getting new custies.

Basically, I'm just strange :-[

Klean07

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 04:05:49 pm »
Last time I went collecting was about 10 years ago. Most send me cheques, some pay by standing order, the rest I get eventually.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

martinsadie

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »
Can't believe so many still go collecting. Went out with the ark ;D
Cheques in post or on-line. Easy and leaves your evenings free for better things ;)
3 biggest lies
1 cheques in the post

2 black is beautiful

3 cant put it on here its rude