This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

collecting problems
« on: June 08, 2009, 08:39:45 pm »
was out tonight collecting, well tried to.  not one person in,  it must be great to get a wage packet with all your money in one go, do they ever give it a thought how we get paid, or that we have bills to pay just llike them, or do they think we get a special rate for petrol to run after them night after night, i dont think so,  >:(

L.J.S cleaning

Re: collecting problems
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:34 pm »
i know what you mean i had one of those weeks last week.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:45 pm »
Me no collect - me wait for gentle thud of cheques on mat.
It's a game of three halves!

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 08:42:58 pm »
i really can't see the point in collecting ??? i always have a debt leaving SAE but constantly have a rolling amount coming in. For any real trouble payers i just ring them up and get nasty ;D not really but i very rarely don't get my money

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:48:24 pm »
yes its been one of those weeks, just peed of with all the running around, the ones you do catch, o my husbands not home, nicely i say will come back, or to save me troubling you, you could leave it under the mat or plant pot, o yes good idea, go back, surprise nothing?? lol

dave.e

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:52:54 pm »
hi guys if you have any problems and i have said it befor go round on a sunday tea time park over drive and collect it then this is what i do if i get any problems and it works a treat.dave

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 09:01:05 pm »
to some folk collecting on a sunday is a no no,  well round here it is, looks like i may have to do online payments

jr windows

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:03:37 pm »
I stopped collecting after Christmas. I leave stamped address envelopes and I've had many a customer say when I go and clean a month later I'm not sending a cheque for that small amount. We can't win.

dave.e

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 09:10:56 pm »
to some folk collecting on a sunday is a no no,  well round here it is, looks like i may have to do online payments
[/quote

Hi  jouk45 i know thay don,t like you going round on a sunday we would not have to if thay paid there god dam bill on time so

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 09:15:38 pm »
i thought about offering a small discount if they paid on time, then i look in there driveways and see mercs boats the best of gear, and i think,  no i dont think the 20p discount would help them  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 10:07:18 pm »
was out tonight collecting, well tried to.  not one person in,  it must be great to get a wage packet with all your money in one go, do they ever give it a thought how we get paid, or that we have bills to pay just llike them, or do they think we get a special rate for petrol to run after them night after night, i dont think so,  >:(
looks desperate collecting on a Monday,save yourself hassle and just collect on Thursday and Friday,most people in and have money  ;D

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 10:11:10 pm »
looks desperate collecting on a Monday,save yourself hassle and just collect on Thursday and Friday,most people in and have money  ;D
i did try friday, i collect between 5pm and 7pm what annoys me more, is when there are cars in the driveway, and they dont answer  :'(

martinsadie

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 10:14:24 pm »
i do the two nights and if i think someones in i knock harder or even go round the back

krave

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 10:19:45 pm »
i do the two nights and if i think someones in i knock harder or even go round the back
lol

jouk45

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 10:59:46 pm »
no way stan  ;D  what if the gate is locked, dont tell me lol

NBwcs

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 11:07:49 pm »
Strange that, i went collecting on a monday a couple of weeks ago and got a right result, been thinking of changing the collecting day permanently.

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 11:14:44 pm »
Strange that, i went collecting on a monday a couple of weeks ago and got a right result, been thinking of changing the collecting day permanently.
you could be right, folk get payed and then go shopping in the evening, but then i tried tonight with no joy,
could be just a one off, i hope

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 08:30:05 am »
I stopped collecting after Christmas. I leave stamped address envelopes and I've had many a customer say when I go and clean a month later I'm not sending a cheque for that small amount. We can't win.

So charge them more to make it worth them sending it   ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 09:32:09 am »
i thought about offering a small discount if they paid on time, then i look in there driveways and see mercs boats the best of gear, and i think,  no i dont think the 20p discount would help them  ;D
offer them a late payment charge, they will send it ;)

I stopped collection for the very reason yuo got, driving to cambridge, 2 hours collection and not one person in, from then on I stopped, every customer pays by cheque or online now, far less hassle, I just leave an invoice. with payment terms on with a date.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 11:15:55 am »

We have a minimum charge of £10, but I still have lots of jobs from before I introduced that, so I leave a 'windows cleaned' ticket with the words 'collect next time' written on it.  When the debt gets past the £10 mark I leave an SAE