Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave.e

Re: Pryors
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 07:28:46 pm »
Hey I might even start paying the customers to clean their windows!  ;) ;)

lee02 you can come and clean my windows if you want the job £15 allright  save my mrs keeping on to me.dave

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »
leaps and lee, some good posts. I'm not in your area but can't fault either of you.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 03:24:19 am »
leaps and lee, some good posts. I'm not in your area but can't fault either of you.

It makes us sound like that singer from the 60s (Leapy Lee)   ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leapy_Lee

I haven't yet really experienced much pressure with my current prices.  Much of my current work is probably on a par with or a little cheaper than some of the rates I've seen quoted on this thread.  Some is a bit higher.  A bit of it is a fair bit higher.  A piece of advice I got when I very first started was to spread my work around to make me less vulnerable if prices ever got tight.  As a consequence of that, my blocks of work cover a fair sized footprint in all directions from my base.  Also, I have a variety of work types - especially since I went for WFP a few years ago and can now do work that I would never have considered from a ladder.  I even still have a very few little jobs at £5 - £6 but they take very little time or effort.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 09:46:08 pm »
Hi Matt

We have reduced our prices this year in light of the recession. The figures you have mentioned are what we have advertised if a customer decides to use us every 4 weeks. but we are trying to encourage a frequency of 6 8 or 12 weeks for which we would charge more.

The idear of this marketing campaign is new for us and the next wave will have a second price menu designed for bigger houses.

I would also like to mention that I do not believe in undercutting and never have, frankly I have no idear what others in the area we cover charge. This year we have thought about the prices we are comfortable at and posted them across large areas letting as always the customer decide.

Oh and I lost a customer this week as someone else was £5.00 cheaper. so we are all in the same boat.

Hello Lee,

So how is the price reduced jobs gonna work with your staff (who is taking the hit?) do they have to do more work to earn their days money or are you upping their percentage? - or are you doing all the new cheap as chips jobs yourself?

Matt

Steve CM

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 10:38:13 pm »
my answer would be? - None of your business!! ;D you never know he may answer ;)

matt

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 10:46:10 pm »
the longer this downturn goes on, the more we will see people offering cheaper prices to get work

will the bubble burst  ? ? ? ? where are them days of 800 quid a day gone  ::) ::) ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 10:47:11 pm »
the longer this downturn goes on, the more we will see people offering cheaper prices to get work

will the bubble burst  ? ? ? ? where are them days of 800 quid a day gone  ::) ::) ::)
i'm still looking for them per person  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 08:11:34 pm »
Matt

I think you should read my first paragragh again, without giving my prices away a lesser frequency = higher price with us, and they really arnt cheap as chips.

with regard to my staff I think they are greatfull to have a job, you only have to see the ques at the job center to understand why.

I understand how it feels if you have to drop your price to keep a customer because someone else has put something through their door, but at least they gave you the option.

Wouldnt it be nice if we could all build our businesses and never loose a customer to someone else. But the fact is it just doesnt happen, every year we win some and loose some, get some at a high price some at a lower price and so on. thats the way business is. As i said before we dont undercutt, (never have never would) we have no idear which window cleaners have which houses or their prices.

I have no desire to hurt anyone elses business, but you have to look out for number one first. Matt if your thinking about a 3rd van on the road then in my mind you must be doing well, dont forget most are one man bands. (not that theres anything wrong with that). Lets hook up and talk shop!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.