This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amp draw on varistream
« on: June 06, 2009, 09:23:56 pm »
Does anyone know what ampage is drawn on each of the settings of the varistream?

I think I heard that the pump on its own is 7amps and that the varistream reduces the draw.

NWH

Re: Amp draw on varistream
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:29:30 pm »
The varistream will reduce the draw on amps because the it allows the pump to not work flat out,i know someone that uses the pump flat out allday due to it just being wired straight to the battery without using a controller and he uses double the water you would use with a varistream.

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:41:28 pm »
Do you have any figures on that?

macmac

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 10:27:33 am »
RAC/AA & most garages have a device that can measure this for you. I don't know the figures, but using a varistream I can run my system all day from the van battery with no probs at all. I only ever need the flow setting on 1 & on this setting the pump is only just ticking over. ;)

ftp

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 11:47:49 am »
That's low - mine is on six with 100m of microbore.

macmac

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 05:47:20 pm »
That's low - mine is on six with 100m of microbore.

1/2" hose all way through to reel them 80m of 8mm minibore. Anymore than 1 on the flow rate is too much, cut-off is set at 6. That's pumping through 2 11Ltr DI's too. The pump runs so slow you can hear the seperate revolutions!

Personaly, I think 6mm hose is too small, with 8mm everything flows smoothly/freely & the whole system behaves just as it should. ;)