This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

basiljohn

stained windows after rendering
« on: June 06, 2009, 02:15:19 pm »
Visited a house yesterday that had recently been rendered, the frames and glass had stains on that wouldn't come off. I believe  it is the glue/solution that they add to the during the process to get better adherence.
Anyone know what will remove it from the glass without too much effort?

Thanks

martinsadie

Re: stained windows after rendering
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:37:34 pm »
no idea,i just tell the customer the builder should have covered up better and blame him

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:53:27 pm »
It will be pva ( glue ), which you put on before rendering to help render stick. What a pig to get off, explain to customer and put your price in to remove
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 08:01:18 pm »
It will be pva ( glue ), which you put on before rendering to help render stick. What a pig to get off, explain to customer and put your price in to remove
Darren

Seriously, tell them straight.

"The builders haven't covered up the windows, and the adhesive used for the rendering has been (i take its sprayed?) over the windows. This needs to be specially removed and takes a lot of time.

I can do this, but it will cost a lot more than your usual window cleaning does. Im sorry its the nature of the works involved! Personally id get the builders to pay for it since they didn't do a good job protecting them!"

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:13:17 pm »
Darren

"The builders haven't covered up the windows, and the adhesive used for the rendering has been (i take its sprayed?) over the windows. This needs to be specially removed and takes a lot of time.

I can do this, but it will cost a lot more than your usual window cleaning does. Im sorry its the nature of the works involved! Personally id get the builders to pay for it since they didn't do a good job protecting them!"
I would if you are going to do this work, get a waiver signed (a contract) because to remove it you can or will be taking the coating off the frames and can land you in hot water. down to the builder be warned you will get the blame if you do not expalin this right.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 09:16:17 pm »
Darren

I would if you are going to do this work, get a waiver signed (a contract) because to remove it you can or will be taking the coating off the frames and can land you in hot water. down to the builder be warned you will get the blame if you do not expalin this right.

Ian

good point! damage waiver is a must