This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: minimum charge
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 05:58:02 pm »
sounds like £5 is your minimum then! ;D
lmao :)
You walked right into that one Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 06:00:56 pm »
First cleans are always double.

Or if im in the area and i have time, then its 1.5 times regular 4 weekly clean price (depends if im feeling nice to lower my price).

Generally most first cleans are horrible and are worthy of charging more. Also it stops people from saying i want a regular cleaner and dump you after the first clean when you charged your regular clean price.

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 06:02:46 pm »

Or if im in the area and i have time, then its 1.5 times regular 4 weekly clean price (depends if im feeling nice to lower my price).

Generally most first cleans are horrible and are worthy of charging more. Also it stops people from saying i want a regular cleaner and dump you after the first clean when you charged your regular clean price.
I very rare charge anymore for first cleans but they sign a contract for regular work or they are charged a one-off cleaning price and thats more than double a standard clean.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 06:02:59 pm »

Right on, bro!
It's a game of three halves!

GWCS

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 06:17:36 pm »

I very rare charge anymore for first cleans but they sign a contract for regular work or they are charged a one-off cleaning price and thats more than double a standard clean.

contracts mean nothing.. if people dont want to pay they wont.. not worth the hassle for small claims court.. and i cant be bothered with paper work. I work on mutual verbal agreements.

I explain why the first clean is more, if they are happy I carry on as normal.

Previously i used to charge double on the first clean, and give them a free 4th clean to sweeten it up a bit. But it got too confusing to remember to give the 4th free..LOL

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 07:57:22 pm »
No minimum. I have £5 and £6 jobs, and i can't imagine lower than that so that must be my minimum.

The £25 average was interesting.I remember copying southerns strategy very early on but i had no idea he had taken it so far.

I am constantly trying to expand so all jobs are wellcome at any price, i look more at the gross daily or weekly take.I often like to nick about four extra £10 jobs before packing up for the day.

As regards the earlier question about how many in a day this is what postmen etc always say too me."that looks easy, no ladders, how much do you charge?"
Me thinking they might want theirs doing"It varies this house is £10."
And then the invevitable"How many can you do in a day?"
"I can do about ten" I say" It sounds good,but the equipment is very expensive."
They nod as the interest drains and move on. I often feel like shouting after them "Of course that's if i start at nine and finish at eleven you moron."

mark dew

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2009, 08:26:11 pm »
average house price £23.64 you will be a millionaire soon. how many houses do you do in a day at that price.?

It only takes a couple of jobs in the hundreds to drastically bump up an average job price.

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 08:41:08 pm »
I think mines 14-15 and to be honest i expected that to be one of the highest on here. It just goes to show.

There is of course a mean median and mode. Mode being the most frequent price, median being the one in the middle regardless of anything else, and mean (what most people including george mean by average, total value divided by total number).

I think it's a bit snobish not to take work below a certain value, but then i'm not at or near capacity.

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2009, 08:46:20 pm »
I think mines 14-15 and to be honest i expected that to be one of the highest on here. It just goes to show.

There is of course a mean median and mode. Mode being the most frequent price, median being the one in the middle regardless of anything else, and mean (what most people including george mean by average, total value divided by total number).

I think it's a bit snobish not to take work below a certain value, but then i'm not at or near capacity.
so would you take on a house 4 bed for £3 with 18 windows? would that make you snobish if you said no ?

cozy

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2009, 08:48:44 pm »

Almost spot on, your out by £3.64! But there’s a lot more to your/anybody’s business than my individual comment on this thread, does sound like you are genuinely moving forwards though, unlike some, going by there post.   ;)

Oh NO  ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 08:50:17 pm »

contracts mean nothing.. if people dont want to pay they wont.. not worth the hassle for small claims court.. and i cant be bothered with paper work. I work on mutual verbal agreements.

Previously i used to charge double on the first clean, and give them a free 4th clean to sweeten it up a bit. But it got too confusing to remember to give the 4th free..LOL
You mean they mean nothing to you, since doing them I have cut most of the blaggers out, so something must work, have you ever tried ?

GWCS

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 08:58:11 pm »

You mean they mean nothing to you, since doing them I have cut most of the blaggers out, so something must work, have you ever tried ?

No, for me its too much work. I just double the first clean price and leave it as that, that rules out the blaggers ok for me.

I will actually go back to my original idea soon, of double first clean price, and 4th clean is free. i will be using a better way of tracking it..

elite mike

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 08:59:05 pm »
Contracts are good idea, if you can get them to work!  ;)

ive always got mine to work

in my favour 8)

Dave Turley

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 02:08:37 am »
Hey Dave,

I remember you starting up around the same time as me to. Are you still enjoying it?

Andy

hi andy, I am most definitely enjoying it.

I enjoy the cleaning, the planning, the marketing, the challenge, pushing yourself to do better, the investment ideas, the dumping crap custies/slow payers, everything.

hope you are too, well done on your average.

I don't have any MASSIVE jobs to bump up my average. the best four are..... one domestic £120 every 6 weeks, one domestic £100 every 8 weeks, one block of flats £150 every 12 weeks and one commercial averaging £110 every 6 weeks.

no silly money jobs, but a lot of fair sized jobs.

my round is almost unrecognisable to what it was a year ago. i'm sure there are those which are doing much better than me, but my advice to anyone that would listen would be keep improving your equipment and skills and don't let anyone take advantage of you. everyone will let you clean their windows for peanuts if you let them

Dave Turley

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 02:15:39 am »

hi, I am just past capacity and have only taken this step as I was a week and half late on my profitable jobs, mainly due to first cleans on new jobs.

I either had to stop advertising or do something like a big minimum charge, hence the post.

no snobbery, but if taking on a job isn't moving me forward, what's the point of taking it on?

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 06:38:28 am »
I'm probably a bit more chaotic than you, and i can't fault your logic or clear direction. I was behind too because of holidays. I have a helper now and have caught the work.

The helper has given me 50% extra capacity, so at a stroke i am again under capacity.These little chats are very instructive, it's a pity because of the way the forum is for being jumped on we can't be even franker.

Dave Turley

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 09:32:46 am »
I'm probably a bit more chaotic than you, and i can't fault your logic or clear direction. I was behind too because of holidays. I have a helper now and have caught the work.

The helper has given me 50% extra capacity, so at a stroke i am again under capacity.These little chats are very instructive, it's a pity because of the way the forum is for being jumped on we can't be even franker.

thanks re the logic/direction comment, I don't quite get the last bit about the forum being jumped on. do you mean by potential newbies?

mark dew

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 01:45:06 pm »

thanks re the logic/direction comment, I don't quite get the last bit about the forum being jumped on. do you mean by potential newbies?

I doubt it. Just people who can't (or don't) do something themselves and therefore think it is impossible, bigheaded, or just plain stupid.

Dave Turley

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 02:43:05 pm »
oh..... does that happen on here? lol