This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ian1972

were do i stand canversing
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:45:21 am »
hi guys just wondering were i stand canversing and what kind of prices should i b charging in the manchester area ?i used to b a window cleaner years ago but prices must of changed.as for canversing it used to b a big no no if you canversed on other window cleaners work and i dont want to b standing on anyones toes or accidentally takin someones work? any help would b good thanks

Ian Lancaster

Re: were do i stand canversing
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:45:35 pm »
Canvass wherever you like, nobody owns 'patches'

If they say 'I've already got a window cleaner' say 'thank you' and walk away, unless they ask how much you charge.

Never ask how much their current window cleaner is charging, just quote your own price.

Never deliberately undercut.

Charge about £1 per window and adjust the price for smaller/larger windows and difficulty or ease of access.

Do all the above and you'll be OK - nobody can accuse you of 'poaching'

martinsadie

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:23:26 pm »
Canvass wherever you like, nobody owns 'patches'

maybe where you live,if he trys that in the Manchester area i hope you visit him in hospital

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 01:23:41 pm »

On the persons doorstep  ;)

Andy

ian1972

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 01:51:15 pm »
thanks for the feed back i dont want to poach anyones work and if they said they had a window cleaner would defo walk away,wouldnt even price it,i did want to rent or buy a round but seems to b none about so building my own seems to b the only way thanks again

wfp master

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 05:27:12 pm »
hi guys just wondering were i stand canversing and what kind of prices should i b charging in the manchester area ?i used to b a window cleaner years ago but prices must of changed.as for canversing it used to b a big no no if you canversed on other window cleaners work and i dont want to b standing on anyones toes or accidentally takin someones work? any help would b good thanks
stand on your head.

cozy

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 05:50:11 pm »
thanks for the feed back i dont want to poach anyones work and if they said they had a window cleaner would defo walk away,wouldnt even price it,i did want to rent or buy a round but seems to b none about so building my own seems to b the only way thanks again

Sounds the best bet mate, are you going to drop leaflets too? By the way, it takes bottle to knock on doors, so if you are doing that, you will def get results. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

ian1972

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 07:42:16 pm »
no not going to do leaflets from wat i read on hear it seems like a waste of time just might as well go straight to the door and see if i can get anywere,will let you no how i get on .....

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 09:22:32 pm »
no not going to do leaflets from wat i read on hear it seems like a waste of time just might as well go straight to the door and see if i can get anywere,will let you no how i get on .....
Who ever writes on here that leaflets are a waste of time does not have a clue what they are talking about, maybe the leaflet is not right but leaflets work for months/years doing this with door knocking will be the best of both worlds, you need to watch what info you take on board on here clearly m8.

Good luck with the door knocking, it is the first one is the hardest after that it gets easy.

by the way a massive percentage of my work comes from leaflets ;)

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »

At the front door slightly to the side  ;D

ian1972

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 09:43:45 pm »
i understand that they leaflets must work but from what i have read somthing like 1% percent return on a thousand leaflets dosent seem to good a responce,just thought to do the door to door stuff myself would b better and to actually meet the potential customers in person you should get more responce.i am spending most of what i have budgeted on the wfp system and van.

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 09:49:12 pm »
i understand that they leaflets must work but from what i have read somthing like 1% percent return on a thousand leaflets dosent seem to good a responce,just thought to do the door to door stuff myself would b better and to actually meet the potential customers in person you should get more responce.i am spending most of what i have budgeted on the wfp system and van.
1% maybe the instant hit rate on them and return on investment is high, but they work for alot longer than just when you go out door knocking, if you can afford 1000 about £20 then I would defo think about it, also when knocking some will say they would like to think abiout it, do you have a leaflet.....
you work out 1% out of 1000 delivered against the £20 to print them against what you charge per job, I would personally say that is a very good investment and the 1% I would say is the min you will get straight away, just think that door you knocked and they was not in could have been a customer just waiting for someone to deliver a leaflet or knock, cover all bases if you can.  ;)

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 07:30:55 am »

On the persons doorstep  ;)

Andy

Brilliant ;D ;D

Excactly what i would of said but you beat me to it Andy!
You can't polish a turd

ian1972

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 10:11:11 am »
cheers i will give that a go and see how it goes thanks for the advice

dave.e

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 10:52:34 am »
all my customers come from leaflets i never  knock on  doors. if thay want there windows cleaned thay will ring you and then you know thay did not say yes just to get rid off you because thay were busy.  i have more work than i can cope with this way  85% off my work now is word of mouth and find myself puting up prices just so thay will say no but thay don,t. so when this s*ity weather gets better i can get out and catch up. dave

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 02:23:13 pm »
I reckon that leaflets will produce 50p to £1 on annual turnover for each leaflet dropped.  It's not instant though so is less gratifying than canvassing.  If you're happy with it building more slowly then leafletting is fine IMO.  If you need a quicker money injection then knock.  I like Ian Lancaster's way.  Leaflet first and follow up with door knocking within a couple of weeks.

paulben

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 04:28:11 pm »
I found that the results from leaflets very poor but you only need to get a few customers then there neighbours want theres doing then they know someone who wants theres doing it just snowballs,all my work is word of mouth now havent dropped leaflets or knocked on doors for years . good luck
Do not steal the government hates competition