This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Drilling Swivels
« on: June 05, 2009, 06:44:49 pm »
Those who use the swivel and pin them to toughen them up - do you have an accurate method of drilling through? I use a drill stand but they always seem a bit hit and miss.

MANUFACTURERS: please, please produce a quality lightweight adjustable swivel with Vikan style threads on both ends.

windowswashed

Re: Drilling Swivels
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 07:03:17 pm »
Hillbrush tile grout swivel brush cut down to the very bare minimum and used as a swivel.......unbeatable except on price.

macmac

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:26:50 pm »
Those who use the swivel and pin them to toughen them up - do you have an accurate method of drilling through? I use a drill stand but they always seem a bit hit and miss.

MANUFACTURERS: please, please produce a quality lightweight adjustable swivel with Vikan style threads on both ends.

I make a flat with a file on both sides first then drill by hand & insert 3mm nail then bend nail once through. Then apply vaseline to the ball joint & give a good old swivel! ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:32 pm »
I've got to admit, I did try a swivel, but couldn't get on with it, it was a bit wonky.  :(

I wish somebody would just make a solid brush stock that would swivel.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 07:15:36 am »
That's how I do it Tony but it needs to be really accurate 'cos when you turn it the drill holes don't line up too well. I have had a favourite swivel for about six months now, the spares I have never feel right - too tight. too loose or just juddery and stick at full extension. I can't believe no one has produced a top quality one yet. I've been asking for two years now. There are a few alternatives out there but nothing as simple as the ball and socket version which has the right threads.

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 02:11:50 pm »

dont drill all at once, drill through each side on the threaded part then put the ball joint in then drill each side again, should be fairly accurate, remember you can make the drill hole slightly bigger than the bolt, to make up for the bolt alinement for pushing it through