This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

newpy

Internal cladding clean advise please
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:14:06 pm »
I've been asked to do a internal cladding clean. The building is a factory and uses ink, and produces packaging. There are no electrics near or on the cladding, and the boss is happy about water on the floor, as he will be arranging someone to mop up behind us!
He watched us cleaning the windows on the unit and seemed to think it would work fine for the insides. I have tried a test patch on the insides with some tfr which helped a little. Is there anything else (chemical) that would be better? and help remove black rubber scuff marks?

Would appreciate any help as i don't normally need to use chemicals, except the odd bit of tfr now and then.

Craig

ftp

Re: Internal cladding clean advise please
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 05:58:04 pm »
If it's ink then run a mile or charge a fortune. Scuff marks should come off with most upvc cleaners but you might end up with a lovely clean patch where the mark was and have to do the lot I would have thought.

newpy

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 07:43:38 pm »
Thanks Ftp. Its not covered in ink!! The scuff marks are only in places along the base (forklifts!) 
Probably be best to give it a go with some tfr and pure then. I'm not doing the whole lot by hand thats for sure!!

ftp

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 07:50:47 pm »
I wouldn't waste your pure water - it won't make any difference.

newpy

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 10:26:50 am »
It's got to be done on a Sunday, or over a few Sundays, when staff is minimal.
Do you reckon i should just use tfr/tap water and brush then?

They will be paying a premium of course as it's a sunday, which i do not normally work, but if its worth it financially then i'll do it.