This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tolzy82

0800 numbers
« on: June 05, 2009, 04:14:10 pm »
Can you divert them straight to ure mobile?
cheers

matt

Re: 0800 numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 04:38:46 pm »
yes, i looked into it a few years back

i opted for a LO-CAL number in the end ( which the company was crap and then wanted extra money off me, so i binned the idea )

just use my mobile now, 24 hour calls

i also dont buy into the " people dont call mobiles as you can be a pikey " as todays modern biz needs to be accessable 24 hours a day

i have a fax number aswell on my stuff

R W C

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 05:09:25 pm »
my landline is diverted straight to my mobile so then i recieve everything on mobile, have to say matt i think its very pikey just having mobile, id never employe someone with no landline,80% of my calls come up say diverted call so most people opt for the landline.

matt

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »
my landline is diverted straight to my mobile so then i recieve everything on mobile, have to say matt i think its very pikey just having mobile, id never employe someone with no landline,80% of my calls come up say diverted call so most people opt for the landline.

i have heard the arguement before on here

i disagree and whilst i must have missed out on some calls, i dont feel i have suffered in anyway only having the mobile / fax number and website

collins82002

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 06:32:41 pm »
yes, i looked into it a few years back

i opted for a LO-CAL number in the end ( which the company was crap and then wanted extra money off me, so i binned the idea )

just use my mobile now, 24 hour calls

i also dont buy into the " people dont call mobiles as you can be a pikey " as todays modern biz needs to be accessable 24 hours a day

i have a fax number aswell on my stuff

Is there any advantage of a fax as im thinking about getting one

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 06:36:55 pm »

i do the same thing. I get very few calls on my mobile without diverting the landline number.
I am another who would never do business with a mobile number only.

DanielUK

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 06:55:37 pm »
Is there any advantage of a fax as im thinking about getting one

Have a look at faxtastic.co.uk   I got a 0871 fax number for free from them.  People fax you and you receive it as an email.  The one thing about the free version is that you have to receive 1 fax every 3 months or they cancel your account.  You can pay £10 per year and not have that restriction, but I just fax myself!

I have no affiliation with them, I'm just a happy customer

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 09:54:08 pm »
Can you divert them straight to ure mobile?
cheers

Yes and you can

You can aslo change where the freephone number goes to.

Example...

Your at home - divert to the house phone.... time to go to work - divert it to your mobile.... busy at work - divert it to your house phone where someone can take a message for you.

Thats what I have and it works a treat. If you want an 0800 number my wife can get you a price. Just email me
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

concept

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 10:23:34 pm »
it costs you to receive calls that have been diverted from your landline to your mobile, at the landline to mobile rate. i wouldnt do it, but i am tight!  8)

ianhannaford

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 01:24:30 am »
We have just set up a landline over VOIP which comes with free voicemail from Skype. I agree that a mobile does look a little unprofessional as apposed to a landline. However its so much easier to pick up the mobile and take it with you. I have noticed that people are more likely to leave a voice message on a landline than mobile though.

Ian