This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: I'm thinking of leaving my glasses off!
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 06:10:31 pm »
a tip i allways find good

its nothing to do with window cleaning though

dont eat yellow snow

LWC

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 06:22:29 pm »
Ive come to accept its good enough. there may be mark here and there, but then trad there may be mark here and there, where youve wiped with a wet scrim, where youve flicked the blade around...i really beleive you get more complaints about WFP because they are making the effort to look for those mistakes. Most would just accept the odd mark with trad.

weetot

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 07:55:45 pm »
Look just what i do and work from home :o

A.Go to customers house :P
B. Remove window with a screwdriver (the clip on double glazed side bits) :-X
C. Clean glass in your garage. :-\
D.Go back and replace window in frame.:D

Its great even if its raining... 8) ;) :D ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

BORBRYCE

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 08:08:08 pm »
Here is a tip from an old hand..... Get yourselves a largish mirror with a frame. Place the said largish mirror with a frame outside for say one week till it soils a bit. Next wfp the mirror and leave till the h2o evaporates, check the said mirror for spots!!!!! they will be easy to see. Perfectionists should ideally take a large whiskey before the check is done.

ftp

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 08:16:25 pm »
Surely you'll see a spotty window cleaner looking back at you?

BORBRYCE

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 08:31:26 pm »
Only if you dont drink enough whisky. ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 10:24:36 pm »
I think many people on here are taking my posts a bit out of context.

Like I said, if a window frame is in good condition, then you can indeed get a window up perfect, if you do it right. And yes I do have the experience and skill to see imperfections, from any angle. Find it a bit hard to understand how people can make assumptions about me, or my work if they do not even know me. In fact, I can do a better job then I did traditional on most windows.

Can it clean every single window 100% perfect? I would say no, but like said, if the window is just a good and proper one, they do come up perfect in my book. If not, there is most definitely something wrong on the operator side, sorry guys that's how I see it. There's only a very small number of windows/houses on my round that wfp can't get acceptable standards (like 1%), but again, those are the ones with the bad oxidized frames, or very old leaded lights.

macmac, they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I would rather be a wfp puppy and get the job done to a high standard. Maybe you want to come along for a day, and see if you can learn anything ya old chum!  :D

Here is a tip from an old hand..... Get yourselves a largish mirror with a frame. Place the said largish mirror with a frame outside for say one week till it soils a bit. Next wfp the mirror and leave till the h2o evaporates, check the said mirror for spots!!!!! they will be easy to see. Perfectionists should ideally take a large whiskey before the check is done.

They do just that in laboratories etc, they use pure water for cleaning purposes, where the need to clean is the utter highest standard. Regarding wfp, if your brush is clean, there shouldn't be a reason why it's going to come up spotty. You show me the mirror, I will clean it! :)

I would also wager that nobody can do a first clean in one pass (frames included) without leaving serious trail runs on the glass.

You can't do a proper first clean then? Hmmm.  ???

You can experience some problems with leaded windows on first cleans, especially if the lead's oxidised, but that's about it really.

macmac

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 10:33:40 pm »
macmac, they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I would rather be a wfp puppy and get the job done to a high standard. Maybe you want to come along for a day, and see if you can learn anything ya old chum!   

;D ;D I'll give ya that one, when can I come? ;)

Or, you come with me & I'll teach you how to clean 100 year old, paper thin, often bowed glass with frames & astragals that havn't seen paint for 50 years! ;) Or farm houses where you can't even see the paint for dirt, straw, cow poo etc! :o

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 10:34:34 pm »
macmac, they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so I would rather be a wfp puppy and get the job done to a high standard. Maybe you want to come along for a day, and see if you can learn anything ya old chum!   

Or, you come with me & I'll teach you how to clean 100 year old, paper thin, often bowed glass with frames & astragals that havn't seen paint for 50 years! ;) Or farm houses where you can't even see the paint for dirt, straw, cow poo etc! :o

Would love to come! I'm sure I can learn a lot from you. ;D

macmac

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2009, 10:39:19 pm »

Would love to come! I'm sure I can learn a lot from you. ;D

Don't think we'd get much done, rather spend the day arguing over imperfections! :D

IT'S A SPOT!

NO IT'S NOT!

YES IT IS!

WHAT DO YU KNOW YOU'RE JUST A PUP!

YOUR AN OLD FART!

NO AM NOT!

YES YOU ARE!

PPHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTT...............................................................

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2009, 10:42:50 pm »
Haha, yea your probably right. Oh well, I learn every day, and sometimes I still mess up, just laugh to myself and learn. If you keep doing the same mistake over and over again, and not learn, your not getting anywhere. I always try to fine tune things, so any help is welcome.

JSMC

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2009, 11:49:04 pm »
i have vikan red rectangular any tips on using these brushes? i rinse with the brush off the glass

macmac

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2009, 08:39:49 am »
i have vikan red rectangular any tips on using these brushes? i rinse with the brush off the glass

Yes, get shut & purchase a gardiner super-lite if you want an easy life ;)

Dave Turley

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2009, 10:25:30 am »
i'm wfp and my I get the windows perfect (95% of the time). no bull. I know by now which windows will cause a problem and alter my technique so it doesn't.... eg. aluminum sliding patio doors, scrim the top 4 inches then wfp the rest.

if you care enough to notice all the little potential problems you can think of how to get around them.

with a good flow and care you can do a cracking job quickly.

anyone is welcome to come check out any of my houses if they need to restore their faith in wfp  :D