This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

I'm thinking of leaving my glasses off!
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:09:23 pm »
Had one of my regular cleans today. This house always beads like mad but looks brilliant from the drive. Finished the clean then he asks to have his conservatory roof cleaned. This gave all the windows time to dry in the baking sun. So when i'd finished it gave me time to check all the windows. I couldn't find one perfect one. Talk about gutted! TDS 000 best brushes and plenty of experience now. This system is crap.
I've said it loads of times before but let's be honest, when you have a really close look it's not brilliant is it?
Maybe I was a printer too long (studying fine detail).

mark dew

Re: I'm thinking of leaving my glasses off!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:27 pm »
I had to detail a house for 8 months after wfp'ing it before the windows came up spotless.
It's getting that state the 1st time which is the difficulty.

ducky

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:41 pm »
i think ur right mate. it is no good on some windows iam getting p off with it to .
if it cleans we will clean it

Chris Cottrell

kevin James

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:12 pm »
Yo Dave,

I've a TDS of 8. I don't use resin. I keep cups, cable ties & stuff rolling around in me tank on the quad.
But when I go back 6 weeks later, most of the windows are looking gooooodd. And no complaints in the last year.

Uhhh?

Kevin.

ftp

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:20:53 pm »
No genuine complaints from customers, but for me it's never good enough.

kevin James

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:26:16 pm »
No genuine complaints from customers, but for me it's never good enough.

As soon as you walk away they start getting dirty again. So why get totally perfectionist?

Forget the old job. This game ain't in Black & White forever!

Kevin.

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:41 pm »
At least you are honest Dave, all the ones that say their windows are 100% perfect every time either need glasses or have a low standard of workmanship.
WFP is not perfect but hopefully its good enough for the customers, as they got far more important thing going on in their life than following you around window to window checking the glass/frames, well ok some of them do ;D

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:27:06 pm »
[quoteI've said it loads of times before but let's be honest, when you have a really close look it's not brilliant is it?]

I agree with that 100% some windows come up really spotless but mostly its as ftp says

am the same as u mate for me its not good enough
Dave.

matt

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:24 pm »
i did a bungalow yesterday, a elderly lady, i have allways done it trad, as i knew she wouldnt understand WFP

i arrive and park up across the road, she comes out and says " can you do the frames please, i know you said you had 1 of them special devices, a mate of mine has her's done and she says the frames come up great, i can pay extra "

i am shocked, amazed

i tell her i didnt think she would "get wfp" and she laughed

so she asked me how much extra it will be

i put it up a few quid

i explain the first few cleans are not 100 % ( and they often are not )

i then do 1 inside window, its red hot and the window has dried allready outside

the window looks CRAP

so i do it again outside

i have a freshly sqeezed lemon drink off the lady

go back to the room and check it again

still a few runs of spots

your right, its not 100 %

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 10:34:58 pm »
i did a bungalow yesterday, a elderly lady, i have allways done it trad, as i knew she wouldnt understand WFP

i arrive and park up across the road, she comes out and says " can you do the frames please, i know you said you had 1 of them special devices, a mate of mine has her's done and she says the frames come up great, i can pay extra "

i am shocked, amazed

i put it up a few quid

i then do 1 inside window, its red hot and the window has dried allready outside

the window looks CRAP

so i do it again outside

lesson there Matt, dont judge people on what you think, think over your customer base and you could be costing yourself big money, disney princess dress every trip ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 10:40:21 pm »
Really wondering why so many of you have so many problems. I'm the worst of the worst with being picky, and yes beading windows are always tricky, but you just need to take your time rinsing, get in to all the corners, use the brush on the windows, whilst guiding the water down. Not that difficult. ???

What are you guys doing? Wrong brush? Bad flowrate? etc?

The only time there are any problems is when the frames are in a bad state. Or if the seals are brittle or poorly, but you know after a while which ones are going to come up well and which ones need extra attention to come up well. If the frames are really badly oxidised, forget it, and use a blade and applicator.

matt

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 10:44:15 pm »

i am shocked, amazed

i put it up a few quid

the window looks CRAP

so i do it again outside

lesson there Matt, dont judge people on what you think, think over your customer base and you could be costing yourself big money, disney princess dress every trip ;)

to be honest ian, i am now all WFP apart from a few bungalows ( now 4 ) and 2 of them are insides aswell, so they have to be done trad

the thing is, if i had tried to sel her the idea she would have laughed and told me not to bother, its only because her mate has them done and she sold her the frames idea

ref the disney dress, last trip we went , my daughter had a dress, $110  :o :o shocking price, nice dress though

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:21 pm »
Same as you Tim, I don't understand why people are getting it wrong.
The only thing I can think of is to rinse each pane straight after scrub not scrub 4 frames then rinse them all off (at it's extreme). If you lossen the dirt then rinse before it dries then I can't see what is going wrong.

Really wondering why so many of you have so many problems. I'm the worst of the worst with being picky, and yes beading windows are always tricky, but you just need to take your time rinsing, get in to all the corners, use the brush on the windows, whilst guiding the water down. Not that difficult. ???

Window Washers

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:37 pm »

i am shocked, amazed

i put it up a few quid

the window looks CRAP

so i do it again outside

to be honest ian, i am now all WFP apart from a few bungalows ( now 4 ) and 2 of them are insides aswell, so they have to be done trad

the thing is, if i had tried to sel her the idea she would have laughed and told me not to bother, its only because her mate has them done and she sold her the frames idea

ref the disney dress, last trip we went , my daughter had a dress, $110  :o :o shocking price, nice dress though
I am trying to make this sound good all though it is sad, We buried my 3 years old neice last year in her favourite disney princess dress, her dress was beutiful cost a fortune, but kids are precious and worth every penny, also have to say to you Matt I totally respect what you do and they way you do it for your kids, although I tend to disagree with yuo a lot of the time, we both want the same goal ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 11:50:19 pm »
just finished all my domestic monthy work today, every one i went to was still perfect, not a mark or spot on them, i must be doing something right, and all i use is a backpack, harris pole, and the  vikan sill brush, which is the best imo, nothing stands in its way, and gets into every nook and cranny,

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 12:00:46 am »
just finished all my domestic monthy work today, every one i went to was still perfect, not a mark or spot on them, i must be doing something right, and all i use is a backpack, harris pole, and the  vikan sill brush, which is the best imo, nothing stands in its way, and gets into every nook and cranny,
if they ones made the sill brush square and brisals that di not bend in they would be the best brusg in the world my guy swears but the one hes uses, I on the other hand look at every bit, and check with laddrs every now and again on my guy and there are parts than I can see they fail in, customers are happy, but I like to find fault and he hates me for it lol.

Alex I think should make a sill brush now that could be a winner.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 12:20:30 am »
Yea, Alex's brush should be good. The Vikan brush must weigh a ton, I found the square red one already heavy, but the sill brush must be like a ton of bricks.

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 12:23:50 am »
you can come and inspect mine anyday ian,  ;D i already put this to alex, a lighter version of the sill brush would be better, but as i only do domestic, the weight of the brush is not that bad, it is way over exaggerated,

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 12:26:25 am »
you can come and inspect mine anyday ian,  ;D i already put this to alex, a lighter version of the sill brush would be better, but as i only do domestic, the weight of the brush is not that bad
make me one and I will pay you for it Joe, I have vikan sills, and super light and vikan noramal brushes, I would be interested to see what you have up your sleeve as I knwo you love to tinker and find new bits.

Ian