Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fieldsy

WCW Backpack connector again??
« on: June 03, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »
Received backpack today and asked for the microbore connection. Guy told me it was a male tap, and that in order to connect to a pole hose i would need a female connector with 6mm tail. Both have arrived and both back pack and connector are identical fittings....whats happened???

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php/Microbore-Fittings/MICROBORE-FEMALE-WITH-6MM-TAIL/Detailed-product-flyer.html

I bought this to connect to hose line and in turn connect to back pack tap, which I assumed it would plug straight into ????
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

wfp master

Re: WCW Backpack connector again??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:10:01 pm »
are you excited with the new toy ?

Fieldsy

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 11:27:28 pm »
no not really  >:(, wouldn't charge, opened it up and both battery terminals were off the battery!!!. Plugged it in and green charge light is pemanently on, so don't know if its charging or not??, wrong connections to connect hose....................apart from that ITS FINE !!!! >:( >:( >:( ............lol

elite mike

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:29:00 pm »
mate up the roads had 2

both has gone back :'(

S Fox

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:25:06 am »
no not really  >:(, wouldn't charge, opened it up and both battery terminals were off the battery!!!. Plugged it in and green charge light is pemanently on, so don't know if its charging or not??, wrong connections to connect hose....................apart from that ITS FINE !!!! >:( >:( >:( ............lol

Just seen this- battery terminals are sometimes disconnected for transit to save pump turning on. If you are Paul (?) did you order online as the order made would be what was sent.

mate up the roads had 2

both has gone back :'(

Interesting..... There are 100's of these being used everyday with far less problems than the Shureflo backpack. Would be interested to know who this is and why?

Fieldsy

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:37:19 am »
yes, did order online, but rang before ordering to confirm I was ordering the correct part, and guy definately told me to order female with 6mm barb. I confirmed it with him twice and he said yes. I obviously would not order two parts that don't fit intentionally...lol

Also, have just put it on charge and green charge light is permanently on...............no red to start with........and terminals are both now connected.??

sorry to be naive, but are you from wcw??. In which case can you tell me exact part I need to connect 8mm pole hose with 5/6mm ID to the connection on the back pack, as I can honestly tell you the information given to me is what I was governde by.

Can you send the correct piece if you have the order details??

thanks

Fieldsy

S Fox

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 12:53:40 am »
I understand now. Technically you do need the part, but you already ordered the correct fitting with backpack so the second fitting wasnt needed.

As you've got 8mm pole hose with the 5mm internal, you just need the male fitting to go in there and that will connect to the female on the backpack.

Will get the male sent out to you tommorrow, send the extra female fitting back to us and i'll get it refunded.

The batteries on the backpack are usally charged and in most cases last for a day or two out of the box hence the green light, shouldn't be a problem, but if there are any please give us a ring  ;)

Steve Fox

Fieldsy

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 01:03:43 am »
Excellent Steve,

Thanks for the reply and the explanation. It did seem kinda weird to have two the same especially when I was advised to order it. I'll get it in the post tomorrow Steve addressed to you in a jiffy bag with a covering letter from me. Hope thats ok m8.

I've leaving it on charge overnight, so should be good to go when I get the male piece....................couldn't chuck in an 8mm  "O" ring while your at it could you Steve ??  ;) ;)

thanks

Paul

S Fox

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 01:06:53 am »
No problem Paul  ;)

Fieldsy

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 01:11:21 am »
Thanks Steve, got to get to bed now...................make sure the missus ain't snoring first   :-\ :-\...lol

cheers

Paul

chuggers

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 04:29:30 pm »
Oh, isnt that sweet! Steve, I need a few o-clips, might drop in tomorrow  :)
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

wfp master

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 04:38:07 pm »

elite mike

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 08:59:23 pm »

Quote from: elite mike on Yesterday at 11:29:00pm
mate up the roads had 2

both has gone back Cry

Interesting..... There are 100's of these being used everyday with far less problems than the Shureflo backpack. Would be interested to know who this is and why?

mates called malc cameron

think its trouble with the charger unit

or he,s a divvy ;D

whoops sorry malc ;)

Darren O

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 09:26:35 pm »
Ive got one of these backpacks to the problem i have is when iam charging it the light is always red dosent change to green at all even if i charge it for 24hrs.