Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Really had enough today
« on: June 03, 2009, 08:09:29 pm »
Just one of those days - my swivel wouldn't work smoothly, my pump is sucking in air, it's bloody hot!My pole hose burst, my thumb started bleeding, kids have squirted tap water over the windows on a load of my jobs, drove several miles for a quote only to be told I was too expensive and they will phone around, got pestered by a not today customer who can't understand why I haven't gone back, got work pouring in every day and I got my pole hose caught on everything, left my ladders behind on the other side of town too ::)

Who said window cleaning is stress free? I'm going to take it out on the Mrs tonight!
Except I'll fall asleep by nine with exhaustion.

martinsadie

Re: Really had enough today
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:10:32 pm »
 ;D ;D

R W C

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 08:11:39 pm »
You like them smillie faces today dont you stan  ;)

LWC

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 08:16:24 pm »
Snap mate, been one of them weeks, you are not alone  ;)

ftp

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:25:27 pm »
Must be Bio-rythms or something. I can go great for four to five weeks then I get on a downer for a few days funny isn't it?

Spent about an hour trying to work out how my system sucks air from two foot of hose, one connector and a DI vessel.
Did find a potential problem with the elbow going into the pump - maybe i've fixed it this time.  >:(

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:59:00 pm »
Been having a few of them recently. But today made it worthwhile hitting the magic 2 mark in one day for the 1st time. All domestic.   :)

'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

macmac

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:00:04 pm »
Must be Bio-rythms or something. I can go great for four to five weeks then I get on a downer for a few days funny isn't it?

Spent about an hour trying to work out how my system sucks air from two foot of hose, one connector and a DI vessel.
Did find a potential problem with the elbow going into the pump - maybe i've fixed it this time.  >:(

Have you checked the strainer? I had big probs earlier in year similar to yours & it turned out to be my strainer full of ALGEA!! had to flush the whole tank out.

ftp

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 09:24:00 pm »
Yep all clear. I have my tank covered in black foam rubber so algae is a thing of the past.
When I put my varistream flat out to clear the air, the tone keeps changing and won't settle to a constant humm. It's either knocking like mad or quiet with a tiny flow. Deffo air 'cos the pump won't shut off at times. If I wiggle the hose from DI to strainer to pump the pitch changes as the bubble goes through. I'm sure now it's the pump elbow joint. Only had trouble for two years so I ought to get there sooner or later  ::)

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 09:37:59 pm »
For air to be going in water has to be going out.Find the leak.

good to see you working hard.You'll build a very good business and good luck to you.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 09:43:17 pm »

Move your pump to directly after the tank, before the DI vessel,.. should fix it! :)

ftp

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 09:45:28 pm »
No water comes out because my system draws the water through. You could say my system sucks (but i'm happy with it)  ;D

I used to blow untill the head of the di cylinder blew once when a duff battery confused the sensor of the varistream and wouldn't stop.

concept

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:21 pm »
one question grumpys...are you earning money?

ftp

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 09:48:55 pm »
Best week for a long time money wise.
Got to work hard to get it though  ;)

macmac

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 10:08:29 pm »

Move your pump to directly after the tank, before the DI vessel,.. should fix it! :)

Agree 100% ;)

concept

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 10:14:43 pm »
Best week for a long time money wise.
Got to work hard to get it though  ;)

in a few weeks i am starting from scratch, with zero customers and a handful of leaflets and van...if you want grumpy, talk to me then!! hahaha!!

poopin ma pants!

at least you boys have got some dough rolling in!

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 10:28:01 pm »
You like them smillie faces today dont you stan  ;)
always a smile on my face Chris  ;D ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 10:33:37 pm »
Been having a few of them recently. But today made it worthwhile hitting the magic 2 mark in one day for the 1st time. All domestic.   :)

Done that plus 50 on ladders , all domestic, and between 9-5 with half hour dinner, whats wrong with you :)

well done though, feels good dont it

elite mike

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 10:50:35 pm »
life is hard

and then you die ;)

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:39 am »
Just one of those days - my swivel wouldn't work smoothly, my pump is sucking in air, it's bloody hot!My pole hose burst, my thumb started bleeding, kids have squirted tap water over the windows on a load of my jobs, drove several miles for a quote only to be told I was too expensive and they will phone around, got pestered by a not today customer who can't understand why I haven't gone back, got work pouring in every day and I got my pole hose caught on everything, left my ladders behind on the other side of town too ::)

Who said window cleaning is stress free? I'm going to take it out on the Mrs tonight!
Except I'll fall asleep by nine with exhaustion.

Sorry to hear that.
My days are a bit off at the moment.
One of the local idiots has decided that he has the right to park in front of my garage door preventing my access. (yet again).  I don't know who the car belongs to.  I occasionally need to retrieve tools from the garage to do certain jobs.  It's in a block of garages off road.  I rent one of them from the local council.  A few weeks ago I had to re-organise a day's work because I couldn't do the jobs I wanted to.  I also had to let a customer down (luckily they were OK about it wjen I phoned to explain).  Now the situation I am in is that I don't know who the owner is.  The police will do nothing because it is off road.  Traffic warden the same.  The council own the land but keep referring me to the police.  I was so angry a couple of days ago that I wanted to smash his car to pieces.  I bet the police would do something then (to me).  I was sorely tempted to break the driver window (minimum damage possible for access) to release the handbrake in order to access the garage.  Parking permits cost £30 a YEAR from the town hall for on road parking in this area.  If he's too skint to get one then he should park outside the controlled zone.  Although I sometimes FEEL volatile, I don't ACT on it these days like I did when I was younger and more brash.  There was a time, maybe 20+  years ago, when I could easily have keyed his car and booted a couple of dents in it.  So I am grateful for the passing of the years and a slower fuse.  It's easy for me to see how such things can escalate and the sense of proportion get totally lost.  Although I have given the reg number to the police and they have confirmed that the (alleged) person lives locally, naturally they won't give me his (her?) address.  I'm OK with that but if the police and the council are going to render me powerless to deal; with this, then the least they can do is to take charge of the situation and attempt to resolve it.  The notes I've left under the wipers have gradually grown less polite but, so far, I have stopped short of questioning the (alleged) person's parentage.  I may end up buying a second jack to see if I can wheel it away the few feet I need for access.  I just can't understand some of these (alleged) people.  If I were to do something like that, I would be really worried that my vehicle would be vandalised.  However, I suppose if someone lacks enough empathy to park in front of someone's garage, then they also lack the empathy for other people's feelings.

PS   "FTP".  Sorry mate.  I've really gone and hijacked your thread here but I needed to get this down in writing in an attempt to lessen its power over me.

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 06:35:25 am »
I am with you on leaving a ladder behind, I left an a frame ladder at a customers yesterday I was also one vent short ( I could have sworn I counted 7 vents)
On the plus side my van will be parked at this place again today so the people curtain twitching yesterday can now be reminded to call me ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)