Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mick hay

Re: vans - lets see em (inside and out!)
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 06:33:01 pm »
STEVE-UK, do you have a pic of the inside of your van?

STEVE-UK

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2009, 06:51:33 pm »
ah just noticed the quarter wrap  ;) how much did it cost you?

steve cm , i got it all done for £595.00 inc vat

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2009, 06:54:53 pm »
Just had mine sign writen

You spelt vaccum wrong on your van.

i thinc ew wheel fynd its spellt wright  :D

;D

I was trying to give you a fright, all that money on sign-writing  ;)

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2009, 06:55:44 pm »
Just had mine sign writen

You spelt vaccum wrong on your van.
Its vacuum NOT vaccum did you go to school  ;D

Isnt it skool?

STEVE-UK

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 07:01:14 pm »
here you go mick

mick hay

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 07:08:45 pm »
Cheers steve, bit like mine but on a larger scale.....lol.  is it a renault master mwb?

STEVE-UK

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 07:28:55 pm »
yes mick, its a medium wheel base, medium roof renault master 3.0

Steve CM

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 08:41:15 pm »
yes mick, its a medium wheel base, medium roof renault master 3.0

how you found the reliabilty Steve? i'm looking for my 3rd van soon and i'm looking at either the new shape tranny MWB or i'll maybe look at the renault. they seem fairly cheap for one that is 1-2 years old

dave.e

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 09:05:16 pm »
here's mine will take pics off inside tomorrow. dave

STEVE-UK

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 09:15:30 pm »
steve cm, I was deciding between a transporter t32, transit 135bhp mwb m/r, and the master

as needed the space for the gutter vac that ruled out the t32 as well as price being 2-3k more, so it was down to the transit and master, i worked for a window cleaning firm for 5 years who run soley renault masters up to 100,000 miles and we didnt have the reliability problems that you here about and the vans were abused really, the only problems we had which were down to relibilty that i recall were clutch pedals sticking to the floor, and one of the vans had a weak turbo

I have friends that work for another local firm who run transits , the front wheel drive ones were blowing gearboxes, so they have now gone to rear wheel drive but they have a reputation of dodgey diffs , funny enough the firm i worked for had a 54 plate transit as a spare and that vibrated badly around 70 mph, So a renault master it was

dave.e

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 09:40:12 pm »
steve cm, I was deciding between a transporter t32, transit 135bhp mwb m/r, and the master

as needed the space for the gutter vac that ruled out the t32 as well as price being 2-3k more, so it was down to the transit and master, i worked for a window cleaning firm for 5 years who run soley renault masters up to 100,000 miles and we didnt have the reliability problems that you here about and the vans were abused really, the only problems we had which were down to relibilty that i recall were clutch pedals sticking to the floor, and one of the vans had a weak turbo

I have friends that work for another local firm who run transits , the front wheel drive ones were blowing gearboxes, so they have now gone to rear wheel drive but they have a reputation of dodgey diffs , funny enough the firm i worked for had a 54 plate transit as a spare and that vibrated badly around 70 mph, So a renault master it was
[/quot 

hi STEVE-UK mine is the front w/d t330 100ps i have had the van up to 90mph and its a sweet has a nut the gearbox problem were down to a bolt on the top off the box whitch gets wet it turn sends it rusty and droped into the box coursing severe damage so i was told to put loads of grease on it and that stops the problem.

Steve CM

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 09:43:16 pm »
my tranny has been good as gold and i love them but the renault does look nice to. i need a MWB for a 1000 litre system plus Gutter vac, pressure washer etc.

vision tech

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 09:58:15 pm »
CONCEPT,
if your going to take out the plywood floor you will probably need a hammer and chisel
to take of the gripfill which sticks the ply to the van.
heres a pic of my van after i removed the ply,i,m only half way there, I tried a sander first
but it was useless

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 10:47:18 pm »
I think its a 50/50 chance with a used van, it just depends on the previous driver and how well its been maintained, although my mate was advised if carrying 1000 litre tank round go for the rwd as there fwd werent lasting in the transits, if i remember right the mwb tranny is slighlty shorter than the master mwb and it maybe tight fitting all the gutter vac kit in, also the load level of the master is lower which i preferred for lifting out gutter kit

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 12:35:06 am »
Anyone noticed the tiny ladder on the top of Steve-UK's tank? Eyes play tricks on you, it looks knee high!

concept

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 08:18:11 am »
CONCEPT,
if your going to take out the plywood floor you will probably need a hammer and chisel
to take of the gripfill which sticks the ply to the van.
heres a pic of my van after i removed the ply,i,m only half way there, I tried a sander first
but it was useless

thankfully, the previous owner didnt use gripfill, just a few self tappers!!

protectakoted the bed now, took so long to dry due to the wet conditions we've had, but looks good!

will post pics of mine once its all done.

MNWC

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 03:26:58 pm »
this is mine  ;D

MNWC

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 03:28:55 pm »
more

jefftemperley

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 05:22:26 pm »
heres mine
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 05:24:51 pm »
I bet you get a fair bit of work from the van  :o