This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Re: Fixel reel roller guides.
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 07:25:06 pm »
C'mon people, doesn't anyone have a setup like this? It has got to be feasable.  :'(  :)

I just found out that the Fairleads winch rollers have nylon bearings. Should be okay and relatively easy to replace.

Dimensions are :

The overall size is 29 x 12cm and the slot size between rollers is 21 x 2cm.

Should be perfect I reckon. Minibore connector is just under 2 cm, with a couple of milimeter to spare. Just bought one, will see how I get on, and I will see how I can fix it to the rear frame/bumper.

ftp

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 08:12:42 pm »
Or the back door - put the number plate on a hinge perhaps?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 11:57:58 pm »
Or the back door - put the number plate on a hinge perhaps?

That's a good idea, but a bit too drastic for me, I would like to avoid making holes in the actual bodywork. :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 10:06:43 am »

What clips do you guys use to bolt the reel down? I heard some have clips that you can open, just in case you have to take the reel out on a particular job. What are they called, and where can I buy them? :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 05:50:20 pm »

Anyone? Where can I buy those clips?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 06:17:47 pm »
Whatever hose you use it seems they all have problems, I prefer light problems  so use 1/4" hose that needs no no in-line taps or joints and light hose reels.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 06:22:16 pm »
Whatever hose you use it seems they all have problems, I prefer light problems  so use 1/4" hose that needs no no in-line taps or joints and light hose reels.

Even if the reel would weigh a couple of kilos, I still don't want to lift it out anymore.

ftp

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 09:47:02 pm »
The trouble with going through the floor is that you'll find it difficult to guide the hose back on the reel and layer it properly. I have a hole just big enough for the hose with an easi-snap connector for use when I want to lock the doors with the reel inside. It works pretty well but can be tricky if it's an odd angle.

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 09:55:31 pm »

Even if the reel would weigh a couple of kilos, I still don't want to lift it out anymore.
some jobs it will be a total ball ache if fixed and will take you more time each time you do it
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dean Aspects

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 09:56:20 pm »

What clips do you guys use to bolt the reel down? I heard some have clips that you can open, just in case you have to take the reel out on a particular job. What are they called, and where can I buy them? :)

My hose reel is fixed to the van floor with 1/2" pipe clips you just 'snap' it in and out of the clips never moves unless i take it out which is rare
I think this is what you are on about

rz

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 10:02:59 pm »
i have 2 of the redashe roller guides, never used them.

they look the same as the blue ones in the picture

if somebody wants to give me £15 of their hard earned i,ll post them to you.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 10:12:33 pm »
i have 2 of the redashe roller guides, never used them.

they look the same as the blue ones in the picture

if somebody wants to give me £15 of their hard earned i,ll post them to you.

Yes please, let me know how to contact you mate. :)

My email address is in my profile.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 10:21:18 pm »
The trouble with going through the floor is that you'll find it difficult to guide the hose back on the reel and layer it properly. I have a hole just big enough for the hose with an easi-snap connector for use when I want to lock the doors with the reel inside. It works pretty well but can be tricky if it's an odd angle.

That's probably one of the things I'm going to be stuggling with, especially to reel it in with a cloth, and layer it at the same time. It would only be a short (read, very short) distance between hole and reel.

some jobs it will be a total ball ache if fixed and will take you more time each time you do it

Hmm, yea for some jobs it would be a pain I would imagine. What I'm going to do, is from the pump outlet, have a Y fitting, one of them goes to the fill/in/out port, and one goes to the hosereel. When I want to use it freestanding, I can take it out of the clips, attach the 3 meter hose, and use it on the outside. If I want it fixed, I will leave it clipped in, with a shorter hose to the other end of the Y fitting. That way it's the most flexible I think. Atleast, I think that would work. :)

My hose reel is fixed to the van floor with 1/2" pipe clips you just 'snap' it in and out of the clips never moves unless i take it out which is rare
I think this is what you are on about

That's a great idea, they would probably do the job nicely. I will have a quick look for other clips, but if I can't find anything more suitable I will go with them I think. :)

I'm expecting to struggle along the way to perfection, but I'm certain I can keep tweaking it, to provide the best results. I need it to be higher to reel the hose in, to prevent bending over excessively (6ft1) and the taking it in and out is very bad for my back, I'm only 25, but I've got slight scoliosis, only a couple of milimeter, but it makes all my muscles go out of alignment, the more streneous the work, the more I feel those muscles.

rz

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »
gqc tim, give me a call 07971 35 40 35, my computer is being a nitemare.
cheers roger

rz

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 10:52:09 pm »
tim you have mail... hopefully ???

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 11:00:17 pm »
tim you have mail... hopefully ???

Haven't gotten it yet, couldn't call you tonight, had to sort something out asap, sorry. :(

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 11:22:12 pm »
Got the email, sent you one back + paypal payment. Cheers!