Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

New clean didn't come up well, wonder why.
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:50:34 pm »
Just wondering if anyone else experiences this from time to time.

Did a house for the first time today, windows were quite clean, same as frame. They were upvc frames, and the glass had stick on lead.

Cleaned the frames first, no drips, then cleaned glass, which was beautifully hydrophilic, water just ran off. Had a high flow rate as well.

Went over the glass two to three times, then rinsed on. (Also rinsed off on the bottom windows but same problem)

Cleaned the insides, so I could see the glass well, and there was a lot of spotting, it really looks like it came from the lead. I've had it before, but not this bad. They had patio doors without lead, and they came up really quite well.

Usually real leaded lights can hold an big deal of dirt in there, but not really so with the stick on lead? I don't see how that could hold dirt anyway. I wonder if it's the lead itself?

What do you guys think?

Didn't tell the custie, maybe she won't spot it, but it was quite bad, I will explain it to her next time I see her I think. Or should I perhaps go back and do them again?

WCE

Re: New clean didn't come up well, wonder why.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:53:34 pm »

Did a house for the first time today, windows were quite clean, same as frame. They were upvc frames, and the glass had stick on lead.

Cleaned the frames first, no drips, then cleaned glass, which was beautifully hydrophilic, water just ran off. Had a high flow rate as well.

Went over the glass two to three times, then rinsed on. (Also rinsed off on the bottom windows but same problem)

Cleaned the insides, so I could see the glass well, and there was a lot of spotting, it really looks like it came from the lead. I've had it before, but not this bad.

Usually real leaded lights can hold an big deal of dirt in there, but not really so with the stick on lead? I don't see how that could hold dirt anyway. I wonder if it's the lead itself?

What do you guys think?

Didn't tell the custie, maybe she won't spot it, but it was quite bad, I will explain it to her next time I see her I think. Or should I perhaps go back and do them again?
Same as proper leaded rinse loads! I have found these windows need a lot of rinsing ;) 
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:58:23 pm »
Tim, were these windows brand new?  Were they newly fitted, then allowed to get dirty, then you cleaned them?

One of my customers just had her windows replaced with fake leaded windows and they spotted like a good 'un on the first clean, which I sorted.  My customer said they would leave a residue since the bloke who fitted them said they would.

Second clean no problems.  Imaculate.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:00:38 pm »

Cleaned the insides, so I could see the glass well, and there was a lot of spotting, it really looks like it came from the lead. I've had it before, but not this bad.

What do you guys think?

Same as proper leaded rinse loads! I have found these windows need a lot of rinsing ;) 

I rinsed so much I could have flooded the place! Well not really, but rinsed properly.

Tim, were these windows brand new?  Were they newly fitted, then allowed to get dirty, then you cleaned them?

One of my customers just had her windows replaced with fake leaded windows and they spotted like a good 'un on the first clean, which I sorted.  My customer said they would leave a residue since the bloke who fitted them said they would.

Second clean no problems.  Imaculate.

Hmm, she had scratches on one of the sills, apart from that, they did look quite new. She said she moved in 4 months a go.

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:02:21 pm »
I have a customer that only cleans her kitchen window with mr muscle
and its the only window we have problems with, Its leaded we just have to rinse loads

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 06:06:33 pm »
I have a customer that only cleans her kitchen window with mr muscle
and its the only window we have problems with, Its leaded we just have to rinse loads

Interesting, maybe the previous cleaner used some weird detergent.

Should I go back tomorrow and clean it again?

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 06:09:38 pm »
now thats customer service
if you have explained that they will get better over thee next couple of cleans and she was happy then i would leave it till next time  ;)

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 06:32:12 pm »
Just through experience sometimes if you rinse too much it can make the windows on some properties come up worse.