Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

who is all in the guild?
« on: May 21, 2009, 04:55:58 pm »
ok who all is in the guild and does it benefit you?

GWCS

Re: who is all in the guild?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:24:12 pm »
Im in, it gives a badge that represents a collective brand at £12.

Not bad considering it looks pro and actually has a decent website.

What benefits other than a badge, not much, but it looks better than nothing.

Was with the FWC, but for over £100 it didn't benefit me at all, being a sole trader, just loads of articles in the magazine about the big companies - yawn.

Ive had much better benefits being a member of the FSB although nothing to do with window cleaning, but just business in general.

WCE

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:30:07 pm »
I'm not. I don't have any issues against it, but I just don't see the point. All I've been able to figure out so far is that you get a sticker!

I read the whole way through the other thread about the guild that was asking if it was any good and that too became a discussion on stickers and how to remove them.

(stickers seem to be the in thing on CIU, I remember people going on about how the new sl-x wasn't as good cos of its sticker)

I am open to having my mind changed, but nothing I have read so far has come close.

I also allowed my membership of the NFMWGC lapse about 8 years ago and business has been just fine without it (all I got from them was a magazine that people laughed at when they came to the house - I keep expecting to see it on the headlines game of "have I got news for you").

Again this is just an opinion that can be changed, so come on guys from the Fed and Guild, convert me!!!

You get a certificate, use of the Guild Logo, website listing, the use of the thermoshine & aquashine brands and logos. Coming soon will be a comprehensive H&S guidebook covering all aspects of window cleaning (amonst other things). For £12 I dont think you can go wrong!

WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

WCE

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 05:37:54 pm »
Oh Yeah you get the stickers for your van too! All in all for the money a great package!!!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

bluez

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 09:53:27 pm »
I am a member, and it's £12 a year I dont expect the sun moon and stars for £12 but this is what I get for my hard earned £12.

£1 is for the use of the guild brand on company letter head
£1 is for the guild vehicle sticker
£1 is for the Thermoshine and aquashine logos
£1 is for listing on website (page one on google for window cleaning in my area and I am the only member in this area)
£1 is for the support and referals that I have recieved from other members
£1 is for the marketing affiliation (I can mail all my clients and potential clients using guild logos and advise them of my membership and the fact that my insurance and safety statements have been verified by an independent body)
£1 is for useful advice on daily issues (much the same as is available on here but more discreet as it is only open to members)
£1 is for its future potential which may or may not be of use.
£ 1 is for supporting people with enthusism who are trying something (I hate people who  knock ideas for the sake of it)
£1 is because strenght is in numbers and even if the guild is small it is a body of people who are engaged in a trade similar to mine and may in the future, with the support of other  be able to offer a voice for window cleaners like the other bodies like SLWC and the fed do.

Balance for the potential upside which is allways greater than the downside to an optimist and who is more optomistic than a small business owner.

I am not trying to get new members that is a decision for everyone to make but just to support guys for trying would be reason enough to get £12 a year from me.

hi

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:33:51 pm »
That only adds up to a tenner!!

:o :o :o

;D

vision tech

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 10:39:12 pm »
The other £2 is for you nat. ;D ;D ;D
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

matt

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 10:40:03 pm »
i have often been tempted, ive had a few e.mail me and ask why i havent joined aswell

the reason i havent, i seem to attract the idiot posters, they follow me around and post silly remarks, i dont think the guild deserves the hastle of that ( as they seem nice enough guys ), thus i have stayed away

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 10:45:55 pm »
LMAO!! Too true Matt! :)

bluez

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 11:23:03 pm »
That only adds up to a tenner!!

:o :o :o

;D

Did I not tell you I am not paying for november or december ;D ;D

hi

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 11:28:29 pm »
I am a member, and it's £12 a year I dont expect the sun moon and stars for £12 but this is what I get for my hard earned £12.

£1 is for the use of the guild brand on company letter head
£1 is for the guild vehicle sticker
£1 is for the Thermoshine and aquashine logos
£1 is for listing on website (page one on google for window cleaning in my area and I am the only member in this area)
£1 is for the support and referals that I have recieved from other members
£1 is for the marketing affiliation (I can mail all my clients and potential clients using guild logos and advise them of my membership and the fact that my insurance and safety statements have been verified by an independent body)
£1 is for useful advice on daily issues (much the same as is available on here but more discreet as it is only open to members)
£1 is for its future potential which may or may not be of use.
£ 1 is for supporting people with enthusism who are trying something (I hate people who  knock ideas for the sake of it)
£1 is because strenght is in numbers and even if the guild is small it is a body of people who are engaged in a trade similar to mine and may in the future, with the support of other  be able to offer a voice for window cleaners like the other bodies like SLWC and the fed do.

Balance for the potential upside which is allways greater than the downside to an optimist and who is more optomistic than a small business owner.

I am not trying to get new members that is a decision for everyone to make but just to support guys for trying would be reason enough to get £12 a year from me.

its £3 for guild sticker  :o ;D :o ;D

vision tech

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 11:32:04 pm »
so that adds up to £12 , sorry nat, you dont get the extra £2  ::) ::)
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 08:33:12 am »
if ever a post was worth a tenner it has to be bluez, well put argument and if i wasnt already a member i would be sorely tempted to join today, nice one bluez 8)

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 09:12:46 am »
Have you guys worked out the funny handshake yet ?

if so could you do a youtube clip so I can learn it ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 09:12:57 pm »
yep, pinky finger must cross the back of the thumb (same hand)  8)

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 09:22:10 pm »
yep, pinky finger must cross the back of the thumb (same hand)  8)
I am not snapping my pinky to join, do you have to have 1 eye in the middle of head also :-\
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 09:29:54 pm »
do you have to have 1 eye in the middle of head also :-\

No, thats just Scrimman,.. he was born that way,.. :(

JSMC

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2009, 11:01:53 am »
there are many different shakes depending on what level of the craft you are it.

are ye on the level brother?

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 01:15:54 pm »
do you have to have 1 eye in the middle of head also :-\

No, thats just Scrimman,.. he was born that way,.. :(

i reckon i am the ONLY normal one on here....you mean to tell me you DONT have a middle eye? ::)