This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Standing Orders
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:25:02 am »
Do any of you guys have this set up for your customers?

if so , where do i get the forms from, and do you find the customer hard  to convince , to set this up.... E.g... what if you fall behind..and are in danger of them thinking that you could miss them, with the weather, or simply busy, and behind...

just a general enquiry.

cheers.

Gary.

Window Washers

Re: Standing Orders
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 09:30:05 am »
Do any of you guys have this set up for your customers?

if so , where do i get the forms from, and do you find the customer hard  to convince , to set this up.... E.g... what if you fall behind..and are in danger of them thinking that you could miss them, with the weather, or simply busy, and behind...

just a general enquiry.

cheers.

Gary.
You can make the form up yourself, or go to see your bank manager and they will be only to happy to help you.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:40:19 am »
Gazza, you ensure that the standing order customers are the ones you do first.

after all they are guaranteeing you payment month in month out (or whenever you scheduled to do it).

thats a good way of ensuring they are happy - "we guarantee your service - because you have already paid for it!"

"all customers on the direct debit payments options are automatically first on the schedule to ensure we never miss a clean, and providing you with a guaranteed regular and reliable service.."

Word how you like but put it in such a way that they feel special for signing up to it.

Then if people dont want to sign up, advise tham that you cannot guarantee the service but will try to ensure it done on time, but the DD customers must come first.

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:31:59 pm »
Gazza, I used to have a load who paid by standing orders, but they were mostly the military families who've moved on, but I still have three customers who pay this way.

Just let them know that if you're late, and you receive two payments to one clean, you'll refund them when you clean.

It seems weird mind, when you clean a house and then pay the customer (of course you haven't; you've received two payments).  One customer joked that he was putting the price up when I paid him.

I clean these accounts calander monthly, and get paid calander monthly.  I arrange all payments for the beggining of the month and clean sometime during that month.

The forms are easy; I can't e-mail you one, but if you ask your bank you can get a form and then copy and personalise it to suit your needs.

Just fill it in for the customer to sign and then you post it to their bank.

It does work.

dai

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:49:55 pm »
I'm sure it does work, but it's easier just to let them pay directly into your account. I am finding this increasingly popular with my customers.

reflection

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 08:01:27 pm »
so what way does it work with them paying it straight into your account and how do you know one customers payment from another

geefree

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 08:08:06 pm »
Thanks for all your helpful answers once again,

Reflection.

When you pay online, there is a reference box, i ask my customers to put house number and postcode in there,

then i copy postcode into george system freeform search, and the house comes up, mark as paid...Done.

but one or two are forgetting to input this info. ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 08:10:40 pm »
Thanks for all your helpful answers once again,

Reflection.

When you pay online, there is a reference box, i ask my customers to put house number and postcode in there,

then i copy postcode into george system freeform search, and the house comes up, mark as paid...Done.

but one or two are forgetting to input this info. ::)

bill them as unpaid and when they call say to them the payments have no reference, this will get them to remember ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

big J

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 07:42:47 am »
I have been looking into putting a couple of quid on the price of job (domestic) but then knocking that up if they pay by BACS DD or SO . so they think that they are getting a discount and becoming a VIP Custy ;D ;D
modern day methods ......tradtional values

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:41:35 am »
Its a pity there is no system where you have a connection abit like standing order or direct bebit but you can choose when to collect the money.

Once the windows are cleaned say today we then take the money so then if next month there not cleaned untill 29th we take the money then and so on.
Dave.