This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Re: WFP is great!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 08:39:55 pm »
I got a wfp setup this time last year and its been a waste of money. If i could turn back time i wouldnt have bought it. Sure its great on windows that are hard to reach but trad is far more reliable and cheaper and you dont leave water everywhere. For all the trad guys contemplating the switch think long and hard as to whether it will suit your round. My rounds are compact with not much need to move the car throughout the day. Wfp is a pain when you have to move the car/van all the time. Health and safety is the key reason i bought it but its alot easier just saying no to hard to reach windows or getting someone to foot ladder. You never know what you are leaving behind with wfp. Some say by giving them a quick rinse is all they need in my experience to get really good results you need to rinse loads by which time a quick trad guy could have cleaned in the same time.
thanks that what i always thought ,Asian asked for his windows cleaned and ther was 1 bad one over kitchen extension with pitched roof,he couldnt understand why i wouldnt do it,i said if i fell what would he do for me,cheeky sod pulled his mobile out and said dial 999,so i told him to demolish the extension and i would clean it, still got the job  ;D ;D

birdymiller

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 08:44:41 pm »
Alot of my custies are blades so make sure you give em a good kick in.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 09:02:19 pm »
WFP has lead many to think a quick squirt with water is enough. Bad workmanship is possible for any method.

I don't get many if any complaints with WFP but have got work from WFP users who are poor.
The customer presumes it's because of the "new" method. These Window Cleaners probably cant clean trad either.

rednick

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 09:10:14 pm »
sunshine-did i see you working today on netherway darley dale ?

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 09:15:34 pm »
ive picked up plenty from crap trad cleaners who dont
clean the frames and they think everybodys windows are shaped
like portholes

funny they have all been called sinbad ;D ;D
Just because a trad window cleaner does not clean the frame it does not mean they are crap, I never used to clean frames unless paid to do so, that is what I would call good business sence.

I never did get how people cleaned port holes though, that is a crap trad cleaner
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wfp master

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 09:55:15 pm »
 :-\

R W C

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 10:05:24 pm »
like portholes

Just because a trad window cleaner does not clean the frame it does not mean they are crap, I never used to clean frames unless paid to do so, that is what I would call good business sence.

I never did get how people cleaned port holes though, that is a crap trad cleaner

So if you do a house for £10  just glass but £14 including frames why not just charge £14 every clean then you make more money, that is what I would call good business sense.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 10:19:34 pm »
Time wise I would have to charge £20

R W C

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 10:22:42 pm »
Time wise I would have to charge £20

So cleaning frames on every clean would take as long as cleaning the windows, surely if its mantained every month it would be a breeze.

Chris

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 10:49:04 pm »
sunshine-did i see you working today on netherway darley dale ?

Yes that was me.  ;D

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:54 am »
I personally think there are too many guys starting up in window cleaning, going out and getting a van and WFP and think its easy, they havent the experience. because it doesnt really need as much skill as mopping and blading they become complacent with their work. like the saying "a bad workman always blames his tools".
I have been using WFP now a few months it is easier that traditional and certainly alot quicker. I am now in front with my windows and going out dropping flyers, door knocking to get more custy's.
As for the post about traffic film clinging to the pure water, by the time the window dries the amount of traffic grime isnt sufficient enough to cause spotting, where as fairy liquid or other tradtional cleaning chemicals leaves a film on the glass for all the pollutants to stick to.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

mark dew

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 01:01:29 am »
who says i dont charge for them ;D

with wfp its a breeze,or a quick rinse after the initial clean ;D
Gary i have a question for you. I live in a big city building work going on all over the city add to this airbourne traffic grim and pollon and other carp. ok heres my question if i go cleaning wfp in the wind will the carp in the air not stick to the pure water on the glass and dry leaving spotting?

In a strong wind on a dry day there is a good chance.
Where rain use to cause me to take a day off when i was up a ladder, since wfp it is wind on a dry day.
But these type of days are very few and far between.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 09:09:28 am »
WFP is great i keep picking up loads of new customers from Polers who dont know how to clean windows, they switch from trad to pole and do a poor "splash and dash" job and lose there customers,

boo who who for them picked up 5 new ones this week and a few last week every one of them because they have cancelled there last window cleaner because of them changing over to a pole, and then doing a poor job, even though i'm charging more!

just goes to show if you dont take care of your customers then someone else will!

however i am saving up and planning to get a wfp set up hopefully before the winter this year, i just hope i can clean windows to a high standard with it like i do when i clean traditionally

If they ditched their W/Cs after the first clean then you are at an advantage because second cleans are generally easier.  I lost customers because they couldn't accept that 1st cleans may have a few issues.  Even many of the sceptics mentioned that it got a lot better after the 2nd clean

gary999

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 05:42:33 pm »
i was never the quickest trad but with wfp im far quicker,like
others have posted on here if you think its just about squirting
a bit of water you will come unstuck i have only been wfp 2 yrs and im
still learning things it is a great tool but like everything it does have its
drawbacks if you dont use the tool correctly.

martinsadie

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 08:16:17 pm »
like portholes

So if you do a house for £10  just glass but £14 including frames why not just charge £14 every clean then you make more money, that is what I would call good business sense.

because they only want to pay £10  ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 08:20:03 pm »
Alot of my custies are blades so make sure you give em a good kick in.
youll have a lot of unhappy customers,i have a good feeling 2-0 to the clarets  ;D ;D

macmac

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 11:30:54 pm »
The biggest problem is with pillocks on here telling everyone if they "join the club" & go wfp they'll do their work in half the time! It's b******s basically. It's a tool & not a total solution. A very good tool in the correct circumstances & in the right hands combined with a good understanding of it's benefits & drawbacks.

Yes, I have work where wfp is faster by more than twice BUT I also have work where trad is faster & easier than wfp & not just a few either!

There is a word (which I can't remember ::)) which describes a situation where you want to beleive something to be what you want it to be so much that you can't see any other alternative. You make excuses for it & end up blind to the obvious. This is what a lot of wfp'ers have become IMO. OTT. You can understand the exitement & enthusiasm when first going wfp but There's some proper bull*hit talked on here! ;D

Oh, does anyone know that word?

EZclean

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 11:54:57 pm »
er.. deluded could work  :D
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Window Washers

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 10:15:34 am »
OCD could also work, blinkered also
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

big J

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 12:20:35 pm »
obsessed ???
modern day methods ......tradtional values