This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Scrimble

WFP is great!
« on: May 20, 2009, 06:05:33 pm »
WFP is great i keep picking up loads of new customers from Polers who dont know how to clean windows, they switch from trad to pole and do a poor "splash and dash" job and lose there customers,

boo who who for them picked up 5 new ones this week and a few last week every one of them because they have cancelled there last window cleaner because of them changing over to a pole, and then doing a poor job, even though i'm charging more!

just goes to show if you dont take care of your customers then someone else will!

however i am saving up and planning to get a wfp set up hopefully before the winter this year, i just hope i can clean windows to a high standard with it like i do when i clean traditionally

cozy

Re: WFP is great!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:12:48 pm »
INCOMING!!! Take cover ;D ;D ;D

tomy jackson

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:29:31 pm »
dich the fiery    

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 06:36:42 pm »
must admit ive picked up a few custies unhappy with wfp, although i do intend to switch myself later in the year but i intend  only cleaning hard to get to windows with wfp as personally i dont rate the results of wfp, seems to be a new post on here everyday about spotting, dirty sills, wind blowing dust on the pure water spots etc etc. Dont think you will ever beat the quality of trad in my opinion, plus ive found a lot of custies prepared to pay more for trad
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

gary999

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 06:40:09 pm »
ive picked up plenty from crap trad cleaners who dont
clean the frames and they think everybodys windows are shaped
like portholes

funny they have all been called sinbad ;D ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 06:43:35 pm »
like portholes

your shooting your self in the foot if ya dont charge extra for frames, a frame clean for me would mean double the price

gary999

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 06:53:46 pm »
who says i dont charge for them ;D

with wfp its a breeze,or a quick rinse after the initial clean ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 07:07:46 pm »

Gary i have a question for you. I live in a big city building work going on all over the city add to this airbourne traffic grim and pollon and other carp. ok heres my question if i go cleaning wfp in the wind will the carp in the air not stick to the pure water on the glass and dry leaving spotting?

andyatkinson

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 07:09:28 pm »
why is there fish in the air? ;D

Amethyst

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 07:32:56 pm »
Sounds like a load of pollocks to me

bad trippy

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 07:35:47 pm »
im suprised no wfp guys aint tackled my question as yet, actually i aint that suprised lol

martinsadie

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 07:40:08 pm »
like portholes

customers can have frames cleaned but most choose not to as they dont want to pay extra,im picking up of pole boys as well  ;D ;D

cozy

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 07:40:23 pm »
im suprised no wfp guys aint tackled my question as yet, actually i aint that suprised lol

Trippy, dig a hole, put your helmet on and wait till Corrie is finished  ;D

gary999

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 07:40:30 pm »

Gary i have a question for you. I live in a big city building work going on all over the city add to this airbourne traffic grim and pollon and other carp. ok heres my question if i go cleaning wfp in the wind will the carp in the air not stick to the pure water on the glass and dry leaving spotting?

i live birmingham lot of my work is on really busy roads constant traffic
lots of pollution  i always make sure i  rinse well on these properties
never had a complaint....yet :)

theonly time it could be prob for me if tis pouring down and its blowing a
gale..but then i dont work anyway ;D

i have more probs with the houses i do in quieter areas or close
to countryside where i mtrying toscrub off dried on wood pigeon crap >:(

gary999

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 07:43:29 pm »
like portholes

customers can have frames cleaned but most choose not to as they dont want to pay extra,im picking up of pole boys as well  ;D ;D

im lucky then arent i....that i live in an area where they are willing
to pay for a quality service ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 07:55:43 pm »
like portholes

im lucky then arent i....that i live in an area where they are willing
to pay for a quality service ;)
you having a laugh if England had piles thed be in Birmingham  ;D ;D

R W C

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 08:03:20 pm »
Can I just say ive picked up loads of work from window cleaners that use the pole and i too am wfp so its all in the operator, and i also pick up work from trad cleaners who dont do frames, as someone has said one the frames are done on a 1st clean they are easy to keep up with and probs dont add much time onto the job, you may charge extra when custy asks for it bur pole guys charge on every clean, when i quote say £14 for a house and previous cleaner was £10 as soon as i say it includes frame and sills 9 x out of 10 the custy agrees. So its not down to the system its the operator.

Chris

martinsadie

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 08:12:01 pm »
woman told me today i was a joy to watch  ;)

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 08:29:07 pm »
must admit ive picked up a few custies unhappy with wfp, although i do intend to switch myself later in the year but i intend  only cleaning hard to get to windows with wfp as personally i dont rate the results of wfp, seems to be a new post on here everyday about spotting, dirty sills, wind blowing dust on the pure water spots etc etc. Dont think you will ever beat the quality of trad in my opinion, plus ive found a lot of custies prepared to pay more for trad

I guarantee you that you will end up using wfp for ALL the windows within a few months. Once you get up to speed you can do your round in about half the time, and I feel sure you will wish you had changed over before.
Custies need careful handling when you change over and few thickies just don't understand how it works, and of course some blokes don't understand how to use WFP

birdymiller

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 08:33:56 pm »
I got a wfp setup this time last year and its been a waste of money. If i could turn back time i wouldnt have bought it. Sure its great on windows that are hard to reach but trad is far more reliable and cheaper and you dont leave water everywhere. For all the trad guys contemplating the switch think long and hard as to whether it will suit your round. My rounds are compact with not much need to move the car throughout the day. Wfp is a pain when you have to move the car/van all the time. Health and safety is the key reason i bought it but its alot easier just saying no to hard to reach windows or getting someone to foot ladder. You never know what you are leaving behind with wfp. Some say by giving them a quick rinse is all they need in my experience to get really good results you need to rinse loads by which time a quick trad guy could have cleaned in the same time.