This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

petski2

Public liability
« on: May 20, 2009, 12:55:59 pm »
Hi all hope we are all fine.
My business is a partnership and as such we have public liability insurance for the business.
A new safety officer has just been appointed at on of our commercial customers and he wants all the usual,risk assessment and method statement.
However he also says we should have employers liability insurance even tho we have no employees? ???
He said "what if your partner fell off the ladder and he wanted to claim..who could he claim off?"
Anyone shed any light cos as far as im concerned public liability is all we need ::)
Thanks

simbag

Re: Public liability
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 01:39:04 pm »
Simply put, how can you sue the company you own??

I am in a partnership and started off as sole trader, and that is part of the reason I did it, so as I didn't have to be worried about employers liability.

petski2

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 02:59:58 pm »
Cheers sim,im just looking into it now.
I know what u mean it does seem a bit silly but we dont wanna lose the job as its a good earner. ::)
Let u know how we go on m8.

petski2

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 06:41:56 pm »
bump

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29:49 pm »
I think hes mistaken, be be sure call your insurance company and ask, this guy maybe on a power trip, but at the same time the law could have changed without you knowing, best to be sure and ask the right people on this one fella ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:33:20 pm »
Hi all hope we are all fine.
My business is a partnership and as such we have public liability insurance for the business.
A new safety officer has just been appointed at on of our commercial customers and he wants all the usual,risk assessment and method statement.
However he also says we should have employers liability insurance even tho we have no employees? ???
He said "what if your partner fell off the ladder and he wanted to claim..who could he claim off?"
Anyone shed any light cos as far as im concerned public liability is all we need ::)
Thanks

whats he on a ladder for they are banned!  ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 01:04:24 am »
Petski are both of you named on the liability insurance if you are then you wont need employers liability as the insurance will cover you both.
phone your insurance copmany up, if anyone is to know  if the law has changed it will be your insurer.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

petski2

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 07:06:13 am »
Thanks guys.