This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Unbreakable pole?
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:18:21 pm »
I use a homemade spike to stab and pull hanging gardens over the sides of gutters. It works brilliantly but it's on the end of an excel pole which isn't the stiffest out there and looks like it could snap. Are aluminium poles that much stronger?

Alex Gardiner

Re: Unbreakable pole?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:21:08 pm »
Are you looking for unbreakable or rigidity?  Whilst aluminium tubing is fairly strong, it will be only slightly more rigid, if at all, than your X-Tel pole.  If you actually want unbreakable then it is possible to buy titanium tubing in various sizes.  You could always make up a pole from this as long as you don't mind spending a few thousand pounds  :)

Window Washers

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:21:13 pm »
I use a homemade spike to stab and pull hanging gardens over the sides of gutters. It works brilliantly but it's on the end of an excel pole which isn't the stiffest out there and looks like it could snap. Are aluminium poles that much stronger?
I have powerpole and they are built to last heavey duty bit of kit.
Not sure about using a harris, guess worth a try at £15
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

ftp

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:30:01 pm »
Rigidity and strength really but cheap - so that's asking too much I think.
I have a Harris in the van but I wouldn't fancy my chances with that. I also have a telescopic cheapo lance and the flex on that is incredible. Do the powerpoles flex much?

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 09:48:26 pm »
Rigidity and strength really but cheap - so that's asking too much I think.
I have a Harris in the van but I wouldn't fancy my chances with that. I also have a telescopic cheapo lance and the flex on that is incredible. Do the powerpoles flex much?
give me a couple of day and I will do a video on it so you can see for yourself, I was meant to buy a camcorder today, but got there to late :'(
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

kevin James

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 10:05:35 pm »
dave, I have a powerpole. If you want, I can let you know when ijext do a gutter job.

Kevin.