This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Slumpy
« on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:54 pm »
Well? tell us all about it - how did the boy do?

matt

Re: Slumpy
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:35:24 pm »
here are the lyrics for people to sing along  :o :o :o :o

Im your private dancer
A dancer for money
Ill do what you want me to do
Im your private dancer
A dancer money
Any old music will do

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:46:18 pm »
I was just thinking no one had the decency to ask how my first day with a helper went.Quite well i think.

To start with he'd already done about five months trad some years ago, which i didn't know about, so this was a bonus.Later in the day when i mentioned that some window cleaners were lazy and liked to finish early he said that from an 8oclock start 2 was the latest but often it was a 12 finish.

I showed him how to pole and he picked it up fast.All i do is scrub down from the the top, then draw the brush down and move on.

He had the idea after about twenty mins so i went home to gear up for two poles.

I have never done this before so now i was learning. I put the second reel behind the first both exiting from the side door drivers side with the hose coming out under the first reel. I wish i could claim to have invented this but it just sort of designed itself and did a better job than anything i've seen before.

All three makita batteries were spent on the rewinds and i had to recharge one.I went to screwfix to buy a 18vdrill because i now need six batteries but they were out of stock.

I did backs he did fronts. Often i had a conservatory too.

It's been a long time since i've used cold ( i let him have the hot as with the high flow it is idiot proof), and with a low flow i found it harder work and slow going.

We did about the same monetary value as i normaly do, but a lot of low priced jobs were on today, and a lot of time was spent on techincal issues as well as working with one pole only for much of the morning.

I remember when i first came on this forum and my eyes came out like stalks when people mentioned £200. Can you remember that thread, my first £200 day, that got about 2000 views? It lead to a few rows, well, i can see why many now see a bench mark much higher than that.

In summary he said that he loved it and i couldn't fault him.

peter holley

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:53:37 pm »
£200.... lol

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:01:50 pm »
The £200 thread had to be locked because it was too explosive, and then there was a part two and that was locked etc.

You are sort of saying, i think, that this is a bit tame.Well I have my opinion of what the two man figure should be but it would start the rows again.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 10:04:31 pm »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 10:16:28 pm »
I was just thinking no one had the decency to ask how my first day with a helper went.

Bless.  ;D

I was gonna do a poll on how long he would last. But someone came round and i got sidetracked.  ;D