Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

People want everything for nothing.
« on: May 18, 2009, 06:07:21 pm »
Conservatory roof quotes, which i have given lately, have been turned down,...

i think i am cheap. small one normal  grime.. £25 ...

large ones up to £50 .... that is cheap by some of your quotes on here guys i know...

but still getting knocked back,

their mouths drop to the floor when i say anything above 20 quid lol...

some even say, oh and while you are there will you just clean the con roof please , i will pay you extra, what is it about a fiver??????

please !!!!  ::)

am i cheap...? or not  ;)

ftp

Re: People want everything for nothing.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:44:31 pm »
£4.50 round our way.  :o

cozy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 07:48:57 pm »
anyone fancy a holiday over here? Got loads of con stuff here :)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 07:57:19 pm »
£40 - £50 here,

Where abouts in the country are you ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

cozy

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:57 pm »
Germany  ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:07:12 pm »
Was meaning gazzasp8

Would love to come clean some conservatorys, but dont think my lovely wife would be too impressed lol
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:10:56 pm »
Its exactly the same where I am don't worry about it they just don't realise the work involved, I quote what I think and that's probably about the same as your pricing and I'm quite pleased they don't take it up most of the time  :)
Sussex by the sea

weetot

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 08:33:46 pm »
Yeh i charge about that, tell them to have a go themselves without wfp, then stand back and laugh. ;D ;D ;D :-*
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Pureandclean

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 09:09:49 pm »
Yes, many customers think it is just a 5 minute job. But there are still plenty that will pay the right price, so stick to your price, and don't be tempted to drop your prices any lower.
 Once you have done the roof for them, you should find they are more then willing to agree to have them done every 12 months. Then when the word gets out how well the rooves clean up, you should start to pick up some of their friends.

GWCS

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 09:18:52 pm »
most conny roofs take me about 2 hours on a conny roof ladder when green algae/black mould- up close and personal with hot pure water - immaculate! include ext gutters too.

from £79.

If they just need a going over to get the dust off, then its about a tenner.

peter holley

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 09:27:23 pm »
Yeh i charge about that, tell them to have a go themselves without wfp, then stand back and laugh. ;D ;D ;D :-*

lol....lol...lol... its funny how their attitude changes after they try it themselves... ;D ;D ;D.... lol lol lol

bad trippy

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 09:41:16 pm »
years ago i used to clean a post office, one day the owner said could you do the insides i say yes sure, had to move the usual stuff out the way, take down posters and remove cellotape from glass etc, when i finished the job he held out his hand and said heres something extra for doing the insides, i nearly died it was a 50 pence piece, i never returned after that
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

peter holley

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 09:44:01 pm »
years ago i used to clean a post office, one day the owner said could you do the insides i say yes sure, had to move the usual stuff out the way, take down posters and remove cellotape from glass etc, when i finished the job he held out his hand and said heres something extra for doing the insides, i nearly died it was a 50 pence piece, i never returned after that

thats because thats what people think were worth  ::).... lol... lo...loll

bad trippy

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 09:57:05 pm »

thats because thats what people think were worth  ::).... lol... lo...loll
Dogs mess under their shoe lol, hey we are scum, scabs pikeys low lifes, cant think of anymore lol
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 10:07:36 pm »
I quoted £20 for a house I do that has a big conservatory. Three way roof and quite dirty. The lady nearly fell over. I'm not sorry, if they don't want to pay my price they can do it themselves.

geefree

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 10:44:22 pm »
Thanks for the input, looks like i am ok with prices, i do go over £50 if its large, and green !

I had the same drop dead look,... the other day too, only this was a quote for a detached house, white plastic, ish.... cladding, all the way round the top half of the house....... i thought  nice wash and rinse all the way around.... maybe an hour, or a bit more... so i worked out quickly, £10 per side.... £40 .....

you would have thought i had just pulled a gun on him, by the shocked look on his face!....

i though the same as you guys...... Do it yourself mate on a ladder..... then you may just wish you had parted with that £40.....

But, once they knock me back..... i never do it if they change their minds ,and ask me weeks later.

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 07:00:20 am »
You hear of companies allegedly charging £300+  for conservatories but I don't know where they find the customers from. The planet Zog I would imagine.

simon knight

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 01:00:07 pm »
You hear of companies allegedly charging £300+  for conservatories but I don't know where they find the customers from. The planet Zog I would imagine.

I imagine these sort of companies spend the entire day and bring it up to as new...rather than the quick scrub down with a yard brush and hose-off that I do for £20 ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 01:50:11 pm »
Personally, I do not see the point of having a conservatory. The roof is dirty again the next day with a bit of luck.

weetot

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 03:19:31 pm »
Planet zogs right, and the custires are usually mork & mindy ;)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!