This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

7 th floor cleaning
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:40:15 pm »
What size pole would be require for work this height.

Do any of you work at this height at all and what type of problems do you run into doing this?

would you need a mor epowerful pump to work at that height?

NWH

Re: 7 th floor cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:52:36 pm »
72-75ft.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 05:28:39 pm »
i have an xtel 65ft pole which will reach 7 floors of some modern residential blocks

A standard 100psi shurflo pump will be fine

williamx

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 02:08:13 pm »
Dependimg on he size of the floors, but a 70' pole should be fine.

You need to clean at this height differently than you do at say 45' instead of being able to move from one window to the other sideways, you will need to clean them like an esculator, you start at the top floor then you go down the building until you reach 45' then you move sideways and send then pole back up and start again until you have cleaned the building, you then can clean the windows that are below 45' sideways.

Do not try to go around the corner of the building with the pole extended, the wind will rip the pole from you hand.

At this height I would use a modular pole instead of a telecopic one, I also have a golf trolley with a bag that I can deposit and retrieve the poles instead of leaving them on the ground.

Also don't get to close to the building because the wind can get hold of the brushhead and send your pole flying, instead stand futher away from the building and use the angle to get a better grip on the window and building.